Full-Time Milestones Supervisor (1 Position)
At the Marriott on the Falls,our Food and Beverage operations thrive with the commitment of our Associates who demonstrate/support the Marriott core values and culture of putting people first, acting with integrity, serving our world, embracing change and pursuing excellence. We are currently seeking a Milestones Food and Beverage Supervisor who is creative, results-driven and has a passion for excellence to lead our Food and Beverage Outlets team. The successful candidate will report to the Food and Beverage Outlets General Manager and will assist in providing leadership and direction to all Food and Beverage Outlets, including Marriott Café, Milestones Grill + Bar, Room Service, Concierge Lounge, Great Room Bar and Starbucks.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting the Restaurant in hiring, training, scheduling and disciplining.
- Leading and motivating the restaurant team to exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Running the floor, this includes monitoring for seating availability
- Inspecting grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies.
- Coaching staff on a daily basis to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Driving systems and standards of the concept through role modeling constantly and spot checking procedures.
- Completing scheduled monthly inventories and replenish stock and requisitioned supplies.
- Completing opening and closing duties.
- Reporting accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions to the General Manager.
- Conducting pre-shifts meeting to inform Associates of daily hotel activities.
- Ensuring all Associates has been trained properly before given any task assignment.
- Motivating and encouraging employees to perform their best, making them accountability for their work area and providing feedback on possible improvements.
- Assisting the Restaurant Manager and Banquet Manager in establishing and communicating the Company’s expectations and ensuring the consistency of service standards are rendered to guests.
- Responding appropriately to employees concerns.
- Following up with the guests concerns regarding satisfaction.
- Focusing on guest satisfaction and improvement during all departmental meetings.
- Ensuring that the Marriott service standards are being followed in all Food and Beverage Outlets.
- Serving as a role model to the team by demonstrating appropriate Marriott service behaviours.
- Minimum of 2 years hospitality industry experience in a Restaurant and Banquet Managerial/Supervisory role. Anyone with no Food and Beverage supervisory experience will not be consider.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written when dealing with guests and employees both internally and externally.
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management, Marketing Sales or a related discipline is a strong asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, co-operatively within a team setting and as well as the ability to plan and multi-task in a busy environment.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be computer literate – proficient in word and excel
Milestones Bar and Grill is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to ApplyPlease email resume to email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Milestones Grill & Bar team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
3249 total views, 3 today