Full-Time Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Specialist
Human Resources · Burlington, Ontario
Digital Marketing Specialist – 12 Month Contract (Hybrid)
HIEC is an innovative not-for-profit social enterprise that focuses on partnership, mentorship and workforce development in Ontario. With over 30 years of experience as an active community-focused organization, HIEC’s goal is to enhance career education and inspire youth to make informed career decisions. We offer a team environment that encourages innovative ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit.
One of HIEC’s core programs/services is the online platform ApprenticeSearch.com, which connects job seekers and employers in the skilled trades. ApprenticeSearch.com has addressed and removed barriers to apprenticeship by helping candidates find jobs, and has made it easier for small, medium and large Ontario employers to hire the skilled workers they need to grow their businesses.
Our Compensation package includes a competitive base salary and benefits that include LTD, Life Insurance, AD&D Coverage, Extended Healthcare and Vision Coverage. We also offer paid time off over the holidays that is not included in your vacation allotment!
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated, creative, collaborative and entrepreneurially-minded individual who is passionate about digital marketing. Specifically, the Digital Marketing and Content Specialist will oversee a range of responsibilities that build the ApprenticeSearch.com and HIEC brands online.
The Digital Marketing and Content Specialist will create and execute a multi-channel digital marketing strategy that attracts job seekers, apprentices and employers to ApprenticeSearch.com and converts them into users. This person will also use their expertise to support the online marketing for other HIEC programs, events, and platforms.
Successful candidates will have the desire to bring their digital marketing expertise to support non-for-profit program and service delivery. We’re looking for a collaborative teammate who can bring new ideas to the table that will support our organizational goals.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Collaborate with the HIEC-ApprenticeSearch.com team to conduct a digital marketing needs assessment;
- Support the creation and execution of a multi-channel digital marketing strategy that attracts job seekers, apprentices and employers to our website and converts them into users;
- Provide regular reporting to key stakeholders on the performance of digital marketing campaigns and website performance to understand how our marketing activity converts clients and continually refine our process to build successful strategies;
- Manage ApprenticeSearch.com’s social media presence, including management of a content calendar;
- Manage content updates to the ApprenticeSearch.com website;
- Monitor and analyze online customer satisfaction data and ensure any reviews and comments are answered;
- Manage and optimize the digital marketing ecosystem, including web, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) /Search Engine Marketing (SEM), database marketing, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns;
- Implement technical SEO strategies, onsite optimization and link building activities for the purpose of increasing organic keyword exposure for website traffic;
- Perform ongoing keyword research, discovery, expansion, and optimization to develop target lists that match with organizational goals;
- Grow new leads by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content;
- Support the development of a marketing automation and lead nurturing processes;
- Identify other areas to enhance the organization’s digital presence.
Qualifications to succeed:
- Post-Secondary education, with a focus on Marketing, Communications and/or related experience.
- 2-3 years digital marketing experience in a fast-paced and growing
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Demonstrated proficiency in generating traffic, converting visitors into leads, and then nurturing them into converted customers
- Strong knowledge of website analytics tools
- Experience with landing page creation and optimization for organic and paid traffic;
- Experience installing pixels and tags, setting up and configuring GA, GTM, Facebook Ads accounts;
- Experience developing and delivering email and digital marketing campaigns;
- Experience developing and managing organic and paid social media campaigns;
- SEO experience and clear understanding of on-site, off-site, technical SEO and performance optimization techniques;
- Strong familiarity with marketing and reporting platforms (Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google My Business, Google Data Studio);
- Good writing and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare and present monthly reports.
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple projects to meet established deadlines;
- Outstanding ability to communicate with all levels/stakeholders while fostering constructive interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to communicate digital marketing activities and results in a clear manner and to provide recommendations based on your subject matter expertise;
- Resourceful and able to proactively anticipate needs and provide solutions to effectively deal with challenging situations.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, but focused on building and maintaining strong processes while always looking for ways to improve
- Interest and ability to work in a smaller-sized, not-for-profit organization.
Work is usually performed with-in a standard office environment, based out of the HIEC’s Burlington office from the hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. There will be some requirement to work additional hours, occasionally during evenings and weekends.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, work may be performed as a combination of working within the HIEC Office and working remotely from home or other suitable location, with a full phased return to the office planned in accordance with guidance from public health authorities.
Some travel will be necessary for presentations, partnership meetings, conferences, etc.
How to Apply
Please apply online hereHIEC is committed to equity and creating a respectful and inclusive workplace culture that reflects the broad diversity of communities we work with. This includes people who identify as immigrants, refugees, women, Indigenous, Black, LGBTQ2S+ people of colour, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process. Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada. Please contact Human Resources by phone (289) 929-5590 We thank all applicants for applying; however, only selected applicants will be contacted for a preliminary interview.
320 total views, 1 today