Contract #693 Safe Bed Worker (Full-time Contract)
UNION JOB POSTING # 693
|Position Title:||Safe Bed Worker||Vacancies:||1|
|Reports To:||Immediate and Brief Services||Posting Date:||January 23 – January 30, 2023|
|Status:||Full-time Contract||Start Date/ End Date:||Immediate – June 30, 2023|
|Hours:||35-hours on average per week
Schedule and hours are subject to change based on program needs
|Salary Range:||$26.23 – $32.79 per hour|
About CMHA Niagara
CMHA, Niagara is a non-profit, charitable organization committed to promoting mental wellness and to improving the lives of people in its service area who have mental illness as well as their families. CMHA Niagara achieves its mission through a number of programs and services.
CMHA, Niagara is committed to a recovery philosophy which focuses on the potential for people with mental illness to lead full, productive and engaged lives in their communities. The Branch works in partnership with many others who share in the commitment to supporting the broad determinants of health.
The Safe Bed Worker provides short-term counseling and defined support for individuals being referred to the Safe Bed Program at CMHA Niagara. The intent is to ensure client safety, to encourage empowerment and crisis resolution while maintaining a calm and respectful environment for all.
This is a 24-hour/7 day week operation. The successful candidate must be available to work a combination of 12-hour day and overnight (awake) shifts based on a rotating schedule. The successful candidate will work an average of 35-hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides defined support and crisis resolution to individuals who access the Safe Bed Program
- Delivers immediate, responsible intervention while exercising good judgment in a reactive or life-threatening crisisa
- Offers brief support and counseling in person or on the telephone to the general public as requested from a trauma-informed and harm reduction perspective
- Maintains a safe environment and follows security and non-violent procedures
- Shares responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Safe Bed Program, which will include planning and preparing meals, as well as doing client and house laundry
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of resources, policies, and procedures and shares relevant information with other members of the team. Incorporates community referrals to other agencies E.g. Addiction Services – Detoxification Services, Housing Help, etc.
Essential Job Requirements
- Successful completion of a university undergraduate degree program in the human service field or accredited community college diploma in the Social Service Worker program
- 2 -3 years of employment experience in the mental health field
- Relevant registration with a regulated body is highly preferred
- Minimum Level 1 Behavioural Competencies (Canada’s Substance Abuse Workforce) for all Counselling Competencies
- Certified in the following safety courses: Crisis Intervention (i.e. Safety Care), First Aid and CPR, Suicide Prevention (ASIST), Mental Health First Aid, Concurrent Disorder Support and Safe Food Handling
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Verifiable computer and technological proficiency, including the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or verification that you are unable to be vaccinated
- Must have access to a reliable personal vehicle
- Current valid class ‘G’ driver’s license
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check)
- Actual life experience and/or lived experience with mental illness or addictions an asset
- Bilingualism would be an asset
CMHA Niagara is a culturally competent organization and is committed to building an inclusive community that respects the dignity and independence of candidates with multicultural and diverse backgrounds, multilingual abilities, and experience with the LGBTQ community. Candidates with this background would be considered an asset.
CMHA Niagara is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please see the related AODA policies on our website at www.cmhaniagara.ca for further details or contact our Human Resources department for any information in an alternate format.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this position, it is your responsibility to ensure your application is received by Human Resources no later than 4:00 p.m. on January 30, 2023. Email: email@example.com Please insert #693 Safe Bed Worker and your full name into the subject line when emailing.
189 total views, 3 today