Full-Time Accounts Payable / Payroll Clerk
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk provides accounting and administrative support to help facilitate the growth, efficiency, and effectiveness of day-to-day operations at Iron Will Raw. As a contributing, collaborative, and solutions-oriented team member, the Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk is responsible for all daily financial interactions, overseeing payroll administration and ensuring accuracy of financial and administrative records. The job incumbent must positively represent the Iron Will Raw brand and team by providing exceptional customer service and reliably coordinating with both internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
• Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
• Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
• Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
• Generate reports detailing accounts payables status.
• Understand expense accounts and cost centers.
• Understands compliance issues around accounts payable processes.
• Work as backup support for the A/R role as required.
• Other similar and related duties as required.
• Manage compensation packages using payroll software.
• Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees.
• Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime.
• Calculate bonuses and commissions when appropriate.
• Manage and calculate taxes and deductions.
• Initiate periodical payments timely either by preparing and administering checks or making direct deposits through a bank payment system.
• Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
• Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management.
• Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll.
• Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to supervisor.
• Prepare government remittances (Source, EHT, WSIB).
• Three to five (3-5) years’ experience working in a bookkeeping, finance and/or accounting role, required.
• Three to five (3-5) years of payroll experience, required.
• Three (3) years of customer service experience, preferred.
• Experience working in finance for a manufacturing company, an asset.
• Certificate, diploma or degree in business administration, bookkeeping, accounting, and/or a related field, an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of various accounting and payroll programs and software (i.e. Fishbowl, QuickBooks, T-sheets, etc.).
• Demonstrates knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and practices.
• Skilled communicator with demonstrated interpersonal skills, a professional demeanor, and proven commitment to exceptional customer service.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Reliable, punctual, and business-oriented.
• Skilled at comparing, interpreting, and organizing a variety of data and information, systematically.
• Ability to work efficiently in a team setting and liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities and work activities.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while paying great attention to detail.
• Willingness to learn, adapt and take initiative in light of new information and/or organizational changes.
• The Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk primarily works in an office setting.
• Must be capable of coordinating multiple tasks simultaneously amidst continuous distractions, conflicting priorities, and tight deadlines.
• Availability to work flexible hours.
Why work with us?
• Certified Living Wage & Equal Opportunity Employer
• Comprehensive Benefit Plan & Employee Assistance Program
• Annual Performance Evaluations & Compensation Increases
• Support for Continuing Education & Paid Training
• Career Growth & Mentorship Program
• Paid Sick Days & Bonus Pay
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Iron Will Raw is a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where all employees, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feel valued and respected. As an employee, I am committed to a non-discriminatory approach to all work activities and personal interactions with coworkers, customers and organizational contacts. I will respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and will ensure that my contributions to the Iron Will Raw team reflect this at all times.
Iron Will Raw Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
How to ApplyPlease submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
451 total views, 1 today