Full-Time Administrative Assistant
Niagara Regional Broadband Network (NRBN) is the Region’s leading service provider of high-performance data, voice, and networking solutions and a proud living wage employer. In this exciting new position, you will play a critical role in maintaining and supporting the planning, coordination, communication, and implementation of departmental operations. You will be for proactive and conscientious planning and coordination for the management team(s) they support and will be able to adapt and perform in an environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Due to the nature of the role, you will exhibit integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism, as well as flexibility in addition to strong communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization.
What Do you Bring to the Team?
- You have a post-secondary diploma in Office or Business Administration; however, experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic/experience requirements.
- You have 2 years or more in a related role focused on coordinating resources and supporting management.
- You have strong computer skills and are proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- You are familiar with internet web-based applications and e-recruiting tools.
- You are organized, proactive, and innovative with the ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- You are detail-oriented, have a sense of urgency, and are able to prioritize multiples duties or tasks.
What Will You be Doing?
- Managing the front desk/reception operations, acting as the first point of contact for visitors and employees.
- Preparing internal and external memos, letters, and reports, and other correspondence.
- Developing and maintaining a well-organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies, anticipate requirements, ensure necessary items are ordered and received.
- Participating in projects related to the development and implementation of administrative processes and systems that create organization and structure to manage the workflow process for entire company.
- Managing and distributing incoming/outgoing mail, parcel pick-up/deliveries, and other correspondence.
- Coordinating requests for, and distribution of, Certificates of Insurance & WSIB Clearance.
- Supporting management and team members in assigned project-based work and assisting with document control as required.
- Coordinating a variety of meetings, appointments, events, conferences and training including inviting participants, scheduling times and dates and all logistics including booking conference rooms, making travel arrangements as required, arranging room set-up including any necessary technology, ensuring relevant documentation and background information for meetings are circulated in a timely manner, and arranging for meals and refreshments.
- Submitting and reconciling expense reports for management as necessary.
- Leading the Social Committee event coordination and planning.
- Participating in Career Fairs and Recruitment Sessions.
- Provide support to Human Resources throughout the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Assisting with development of, and updates to, onboarding programs.
- Performing a wide variety of assignments which may be confidential in nature and require research to complete.
- Other relevant duties as assigned, within the scope and spirit of the position.
What Do We Offer?
- An attractive compensation plan with a combination of base salary and annual bonus
- A company-paid benefits plan (includes medical, dental and prescription medication)
- Enrollment in the OMERS pension plan
- An opportunity to work in a growing entrepreneurial organization with great culture that rewards success
- An opportunity to join a fun, dynamic team with excellent potential for career advancement
- Office environment with some regional travel (10% or less)
- Extended periods of sitting, intense concentration, and repetitive tasks
- Occasionally required to extend hours of work to evenings and/or weekends to meet work demands or the needs of the business.
This position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate (‘PCRC’, ‘CRC’)
- Bilingualism (English/French) considered an asset
Please submit all resumes directly to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest, however only qualified applicants will be contacted
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessible Canada Act, S.C., 2019 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, NRBN will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
How to ApplyPlease submit all resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest, however only qualified applicants will be contacted
151 total views, 3 today