Seasonal Adventure Club Team Leader
Adventure Club Team Leader
Location: Niagara Falls, Fireman’s Park
Dates: Saturdays 8:45 am – 3 :15 pm in April and May 2023. Specifically, April 22, 29 and May 6, 13, and 20th with training in advance.
Adventure Club is designed to provide children who are at-risk or in vulnerable situation with a positive, outdoor recreational program. Children can enjoy being a kid, feel safe and included, develop positive relationships, and celebrate their uniqueness. Adventure Club staff have a passion for supporting and developing resiliency in children who need it the most.
Team Leaders provide leadership to the YMCA Adventure Club site. Team Leaders maintain open, effective, and positive communication with parents, staff, community partners and other stakeholders. Team Leaders are dynamic, organized, energetic, and responsible.
- Minimum two years experience working with children or youth in a Day Camp and/or Residential Camp setting or equivalent
- Previous experience motivating, leading, supervising, and coaching staff
- Minimum 2 years Post-Secondary Education
- Values driven individuals who make excellent role models for children and youth
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, and flexibility
- The ability to participate in physical activity, and work in an outdoor environment in various weather conditions
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) issued for the YMCA of Niagara
- Access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Co-ordinates programs and ensures safe, quality programs for participants
- Provides staff supervision including training, mentoring, coaching and performance
- Assists with all aspects of the operation of camp (registration, parent liaison, promotion, set up and camp closing)
- Provides leadership during staff training
- Ensures that there is sufficient supplies and equipment for the delivery of the program
- Inform Camp Leadership of any serious occurrences/complaints
- Ensures that all staff on site adhere to Policies and Procedures
- Makes immediate decisions to ensure safety and reacts accordingly to address parental concerns
- Maintains regular contact with staff, camp participants, parents, community agencies and volunteers
- Embrace diversity and inclusion of all participants and staff
- Participate in all mandatory training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- Other duties as needed
How to ApplyAll applicants are invited to apply online by March 27, 2023 by visiting http://ymcaniagara.campbrainstaff.com/ If you have previously worked in the Adventure Club program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. If you require additional information or have any questions about the hiring process, please email email@example.com.
199 total views, 9 today