Part-Time After School Program Site Coordinator/Program Leader
After School Matters
Engage. Enrich. Employer.
Job Description – After School Program Site Coordinator and/or Program Leader
What is After School Matters?
A network of After School Programs delivering free educational, recreational, and leisure activities to children and youth living in stressed and/or underserviced neighbourhoods.
What is its purpose?
To mitigate the negative effects of low-income on children and youth. Foster independence and positive community relationships among the children and youth.
The worker is accountable to the Program Manager and will function as a team member responsible for providing safe, quality programming to participants in the most vulnerable time of day – after school. The position is responsible for supervision, site coordination, support, and leadership to participants and partner agencies in the After School Programs. After School Programs run Monday to Friday in the after school and evening hours. Programs are offered in a variety of locations throughout Niagara:
- Grantham After-School Program, St. Catharines
- Grantham Teen Program, St. Catharines
- Manchester After-School Program, St. Catharines
- Manchester Teen Program, St. Catharines
- Rykert After-School Program, St. Catharines
- Rykert Teen Program, St. Catharines
- Warden & Waters After-School Program, Niagara Falls
- Warden & Waters Teen Program, Niagara Falls
- Peace Bridge Public School After-School Program, Fort Erie
- Diamond Trail Public School After-School Program, Welland
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with participants in conjunction with the Program Manager, the staff undertakes the following range of activities:
a. Supervises and leads participants in a variety of creative and innovative programs including: physical activity, recreation activities, homework help, arts and crafts, cooking and nutrition, and peer relations.
b. Leads programs in such a way as to guide in physical, social and emotional development of the participant.
c. Leads programs in such a way as to develop skills that promote healthy living and lifestyle.
d. Through modeling and teaching, enables the youth to acquire like skills such as self esteem, problem solving and conflict resolution.
e. Create an atmosphere of safety, belonging and positive development.
f. Collects program feedback from participants as required.
g. Other duties as assigned by Program Manager
- Assist with operations and maintenance of the After School Program Site through the following activities:
a. Housekeeping tasks
b. Opening and securing building
c. Completing of health and safety checks
d. Complete daily attendance, communication log, and other appropriate program paperwork
e. Attend staff meetings and training as necessary
f. Other duties as assigned by Program Manager
- Be self motivating and enthusiastic in carrying out duties.
- Knowledge in community based programming for children.
- Working knowledge of working with children and families.
- Working knowledge in social and life skills development.
- Respect for cultural and social differences.
- Preference for First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Preference for Ministry of Health Food Safety Certificate.
- Criminal Reference Check for Vulnerable Sector to be attained by applicant, at own expense.
- Preference for applicants with valid license with own transportation.
How to ApplySend cover letter and resume to: Melissa Debruin Manager – After School Programs The RAFT – Niagara Resource Service for Youth P: 905 – 984 – 4365 Ext 219 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
1952 total views, 1 today