Full-Time Assembly Technician
Shifts: Monday to Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
As the Assembly Technician you will be responsible for the assembly of electronic components, sub-assemblies, and subsystems. The Assembly Technician will ensure that all fully assembled products meet and complies with company and customer requirements.
About our Client
Our client is a local manufacturing company headquartered in Port Colborne, Ontario. In business since 1994 they are at the forefront of advancement in solar, LED, battery and PLC technologies. They truly believe that when properly utilized, disruptive technologies can be used to improve the lives of workers and bring new efficiencies to businesses. Today, they operate out of a 25,000 square foot, ISO 9001:2015 certified facility that is host to 35 employees.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Study, read, and understand schematic diagrams, blueprints, product manuals, process documents, and gather information regarding its parts, fixtures, tools, etc.
- Setup, arrange, and operate manufacturing tools and equipment as per specifications and instructions from the Assembly Supervisor
- Assemble parts and components to manufacture finished goods
- Understand the assembly-specific technical demands of the applicable sub-assembly work station
- Perform regular testing and inspection procedures to ensure that all materials are formed in accordance with work order specifications
- Contribute to equipment modifications for continual improvement of new and existing products
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with company and regulatory procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assist in orientation, training, and technical support activities (both internal and external), and motivate fellow employees to create a pleasant workplace
- Monitor, maintain, and repair tools and equipment, as required
- Complete shop orders by complying with specific customer order requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assembly Supervisor
- 2+ years’ experience operating in a commercial Assembler position
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Ability to work under pressure and in close proximity to noisy equipment
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks without error
- Electrical background is an asset
- Must be a team player with good communication skills
- Must appreciate and acknowledge working responsibilities and authorities within the organization
How to ApplyHow to Apply Employer: On Demand Staffing Visit Our Website: www.ondemandstaffing.ca You can reach us toll-free at 1-800-832-1274 OnDemand Staffing is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including women, and members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, OnDemand Staffing will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
516 total views, 2 today