Full-Time Child Care Regional Director
- Hybrid Home/Office Work Environment
- $54,704 – $71,656 annually with full YMCA Benefits
- Full Time Permanent Position 40 hours per week (occasional early mornings, evening & weekend hours)
- Ensure the effective and safe management of multiple Child Care Centres.
- Maintain appropriate accessibility to Supervisors through YMCA cell phone
- Develop, manage, and coach Child Care Supervisors including annually setting performance goals and completing annual job performance evaluations.
- Give direction/guidance to Child Care Supervisor related to daily operations and to support the Supervisor when managing/coaching front-line Child-Care staff.
- Ensure staffing requirements and ratios are achieved based on Child Care Centre needs and in compliance with the CCEYA.
- Participate in the annual planning and budget development for the coming year.
- Participate in strategic planning for the Child Care department.
- Ensure that each Child Care Centre achieves 100% compliance on all annual licensing renewals.Build positive relationships both internally and externally to achieve work related goals. Review monthly financial statements and reconcile/trouble shoot any discrepancies in expenses.
- Ensure each Child Care Centre is operating at or as close to full capacity as possible. Where needed, seek support resources to promote/market the Centre that is not at full capacity.
- Manages complex situations when escalated by staff, participants/families, or external partnerships.
- Plan and deliver monthly Child Care Supervisor Training/meetings to ensure all legislated requirements are achieved and also to provide professional development/educational opportunities to Supervisors.
- Develop and deliver New Child Care Supervisor Training and orientation as needed.
- Must keep up to date on all legislative requirements (ie. CCEYA) and plan for communications and rollout when changes occur.
- Develop and deliver relevant training sessions to Child Care Supervisors and/or Front-Line Child-Care Staff.
- Participate in the annual budget planning process.
- Participate in Community forums when needed.
- Work at centres as a staff with the children, if necessary, when no supply staff are available.
- Other duties as required
College or University Degree in Related Field – Registered Early Childhood Education Diploma preferred/recommended
- Minimum 5 years licensed child care supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated expertise in management of people, program, finances, and volunteers
- Demonstrated experience in planning
- Experience in coaching others
- Proven change management leadership
- Good knowledge of relevant business technology
- Reliable transportation
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR(C) from an approved agency
- A clear and satisfactory criminal reference check inclusive of the vulnerable sector search (CRC VSS) issued for the YMCA of Niagara
- Guides, motivates, and inspires self and others to act and achieve desired outcomes.
Relationship Building and Collaboration
- Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
- Communicates in a thorough, clear, and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA
- Facilitates appropriate and timely solutions to conflict
Coaching and Development
- Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and development
- Thinks beyond the current situation to anticipate changes that may affect the future of the organization.
- Initiates and manages change to achieve the strategic outcomes of the YMCA.
Why Work for the YMCA?
- As a charitable organization, the YMCA of Niagara aspires to be a great workplace, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values – caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, and responsibility – the YMCA provides our employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through growth opportunities and great benefits, and the knowledge that their day-to-day actions have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the people of Niagara.
Specifics of Strategic Focused Portfolio
- Each Regional Director is assigned a Strategic Focus that contributes to the successful operation and ongoing development of Child Care in the Association. Current strategic focuses are School Age Curriculum & Training, Recruitment and Retention, CCEYA Compliance, Playing to Learn Curriculum. The successful candidate for this position will be assigned a strategic focus.
Nature & Scope
- The role of the Regional Director(s), Child Care is to ensure the safe and effective daily operation of all Licensed Child Care Centre(s) within their portfolio. The Regional Director provides senior level leadership and expertise to ensure staff, children and families have a positive experience at a YMCA of Niagara Child Care Centre.
How to ApplyInterested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by noon on February 10, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email Internal applicants are encouraged to notify their supervisor before applying. All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted by email. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org
247 total views, 2 today