Part-Time Community Action Plan for Children (CAP-C) / Prenatal Program Assistant (1 Position)
Community Action Plan for Children (CAPC) and Prenatal Program Assistant
Internal/External Posting – 30 hours/week
Employed by the Niagara Regional Native Center, the CAP-C and Prenatal Assistant will be responsible to the policies and procedures in accordance with Niagara Regional Native Centre and under the direct daily supervision of the Executive Director or designate. The Community Action Program for Children (CAPC) provides support for the healthy development of young children from birth to age 6, who face challenges that put their health at risk, such as living in homes struggling to keep up economically, social and geographic isolation, substance use, and family violence.
The Prenatal Program assists pregnant women, new mothers and their babies who face challenges that put their health at risk, such as living in homes struggling to keep up economically, social and geographic isolation, substance use, and family violence. Knowledge of Indigenous community and history is crucial to supporting the Friendship Centre movement.
The CAP-C/Prenatal Program assistant will assist the CAP-C Coordinator and the Prenatal Program in the day to day operations of the CAP-C/Prenatal programs.
• Early Childhood Educator or related experience in working in Early Childhood Development
• Experience working with small children ages 1-6
• Experience in group facilitation and programming
• Knowledge of social barriers and challenges faced by urban Indigenous families
• Experience in culture based programs for children
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent reporting skills
• Excellent research skills
• Experience working within a community based organization
• Must have valid driver’s license, Insurance and reliable vehicle.
• Must have or able to obtain a clear CPIC for the Vulnerable Sector.
How to ApplyAll applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, proof of education/training and three references available. Please send with the title of the position in the subject line to: Niagara Regional Native Centre 382 Airport Road Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0 Fax: 905-688-4033 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing: Until Filled.
978 total views, 2 today