Part-Time Community Programs Team Member – YMCA Beyond the Bell™
Community Programs Team Member – YMCA Beyond the Bell™
Location: St. Catharines
Pay: $16.12 per hour plus a $0.54/hour premium (when off-site), YMCA Membership Benefits
Employment Type: Part-Time – Regular Schedule from 3:00-5:45pm with flexibility, Monday to Friday, during the school year
Placement Date: Immediately
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA of Niagara aspires to be a great workplace, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values – caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, and responsibility – the YMCA provides our employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through growth opportunities and great benefits, and the knowledge that their day-to-day actions have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the people of Niagara.
NATURE & SCOPE:
YMCA Beyond the Bell™ is an academic-based program that emphasizes literacy, numeracy, recreation, homework and values education. YMCA Beyond the Bell™ gives children the additional help they need to keep pace with their grade level and their peers. The Team Member reports to the Team Leader and is responsible for direct delivery at a program location.
- Plan and lead personal wellness programs for children and youth after school at local elementary schools in the Niagara Region, focusing on literacy and numeracy
- Provides program delivery at the Beyond the Bell site
- Assess conflict situations and exercise good judgment when implementing solutions
- Demonstrate positive interactions with youth, parents and community partners involved with the program in order to build relationships
- Act as a liaison between the YMCA and the host school, demonstrating excellent customer service and communication skills
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- The YMCA is looking for applicants who want to be a role model of healthy lifestyles and physical activity for youth, and make a difference within their community.
- Completion of a university degree in Education or working toward completion, or post-secondary education in Child and Youth Studies, Recreation and Leisure or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience delivering youth recreational and leadership programs
- Commitment to providing program delivery for children
- Knowledge of child development and related “new” research
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR-C
- Team members must be willing and able to participate in active games on a regular basis and will also be responsible for planning and implementing various aspects of the program.
- Due to the age of participants served, candidates must be 18 years or older
- Reliable transportation to programs throughout the Niagara Region
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening issued for the YMCA of Niagara.
Guides, motivates, and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Child and Youth Focused
Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA
Concern for Health and Safety
Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction
Actively builds teams and encouraged open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
Creativity and Innovations
Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results
Relationship Building and Collaboration
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
Identifies an issue and works towards a solution
How to ApplyInterested applicants are invited to submit an online application to: https://ymcaniagara.campbrainstaff.com/ Internal applicates are encouraged to notify their supervisor before applying. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org
495 total views, 1 today