Part-Time Community Programs Team Member – YMCA Youth Action
Community Programs Team Member – YMCA Youth Action
Pay: Niagara Region – St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, Port Colborne, Welland and Niagara West.
Employment Type: $16.12/hour with a $0.54/hour premium when off-site, plus YMCA Membership Benefits.
Part-Time (minimum 6 hours a week) – After school and evenings, including Friday and/or Saturday evenings. Shifts may begin as early as 2:30pm or 5:30pm
Placement Date: Immediately
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA of Niagara aspires to be a great workplace, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values – caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, and responsibility – the YMCA provides our employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through growth opportunities and great benefits, and the knowledge that their day-to-day actions have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the people of Niagara.
NATURE & SCOPE:
Youth Action staff are responsible for the planning and implementation of recreation programs for youth aged 10 to 14 at program sites throughout the Niagara Region. They are energetic, outgoing, and committed to ensuring that participants in their programs have a fun experience. They are someone who wants to make a difference in the community by maintaining safe spaces for youth to be themselves, as well as promoting positive change through relationship building and role modelling.
- Plan and lead recreational programs for youth ages 10 to 14 Monday to Fridays at local schools throughout the Niagara Region.
- Supervise and lead recreational activities during Friday Night drop-in programs in YMCA Health, Fitness and Aquatic Centres.
- Supervise and lead recreational activities for children 6-12 years of age in community locations.
- Build relationships with youth and be a positive role model.
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara.
- The YMCA is looking for applicants who want to be a role model of healthy lifestyles and physical activity for youth, and make a difference within their community.
- Due to the age of participants served, candidates must be 17 years or older
- Experience delivering youth recreational and leadership programs is an asset
- Experience working with newcomers and diverse population an asset.
- Enrolment in, or completion of a university degree or college diploma in Recreation, Physical Education, Child and Youth Studies, or a related field an asset
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Team members must be willing and able to participate in active games on a regular basis, and will also be responsible for planning and implementing various aspects of the program.
- Reliable transportation to programs throughout the Niagara Region is preferred
- A clear and satisfactory Criminal Record Check inclusive of the Vulnerable Sector Search (CRC VSS) issued for the YMCA of Niagara
Child and Youth Focused
Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Concern for Health and Safety
Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Actively builds teams and encouraged open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness.
Creativity and Innovations
Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results.
Relationship Building and Collaboration
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals.
Identifies an issue and works towards a solution.
How to ApplyInterested applicants are invited to apply at http://ymcaniagara.campbrainstaff.com Preference will be given to individuals with at least 3 nights availability including Friday nights and those who can travel to multiple cities, especially Fort Erie, Port Colborne and Niagara West. Internal applicates are encouraged to notify their supervisor before applying. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org
511 total views, 1 today