Creekside Estate Winery, a division of Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits Ltd., is proud of the culinary creations served from our kitchen and are looking for two Prep/Line Cooks to continue to develop and support our hospitality team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience preparing food, enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment, can take direction well and multi-task effectively plus has experience in customer service and is comfortable working in an open kitchen. This position is a 4-month seasonal contract mostly consisting of daytime shifts on weekends and some evening shifts during the weekdays
Summary of Duties:
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service (e.g., chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with kitchen team.
- Clean up station and properly store food, prepared and unprepared.
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Proven cooking experience as a line/prep cook.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Culinary school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Safe Food Handling certificate.
- Access to reliable transportation as property is located remotely from public transport.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Estates and its divisions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Part-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 4 months
Part-time hours: 12-20 per week
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
The company has full vaccination policy against Covid-19 to ensure the health and safety of all employees, visitors, and customers.
Work Location: In person
How to ApplyApply Through Email - Jburse@diamondwines.com or by Calling (905) 562-0035
303 total views, 1 today