Contract Early Childhood Educator- Preschool Room
Please note that this position is an 18 month contract to cover a maternity leave.
Our preschool provides participants with a nature immersion experience guided by qualified Educators while onsite in our enriched learning environment, or while we access the local parks and forests in our community.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with children aged 18 months-6 years old
- Experience communicating with parents through various mediums
- Knowledge and/or a passion for environmental education, and an understanding of the benefits of providing children with regular access to nature, will be seen as an asset.
- Early Childhood Education diploma or provincially recognized equivalent. OCT
- Valid Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR.
- Current (with in 6 month) vulnerable sector Police Record Check.
- Food Handler Certification (not mandatory)
The successful candidates objectives include but are not limited to:
- Being familiar with and supporting the Forest School Canada’s guide FOREST AND NATURE SCHOOL IN CANADA: A Head, Heart, Hands Approach to Outdoor Learning.
- Being familiar with and supporting “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”.
- Recognizes and responds to the needs of each child by using developmentally appropriate teaching and child behaviour management techniques.
- Demonstrates an above and beyond commitment to the development and safety of children in our care, and is familiar with and comfortable facilitating an environment that support Risky play as described in the FOREST AND NATURE SCHOOL IN CANADA: A Head, Heart, Hands Approach to Outdoor Learning guide.
- Shares in the responsibility for planning, preparing and implementing stimulating, age-appropriate activities that encourage children’s creativity and learning and promote each child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development.
- Participates and/or leads in the ongoing learning and development of children through lesson planning, attendance, and other documentation.
- Works in a collaborative and team-oriented manner, and maintains regular and open communication with partnered educators and all other team members.
- Enthusiasm working with children outdoors in all weather.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director of Preschool Programs.
- Builds and maintains appropriate relationships with parents and supports an open environment of communication regarding their child’s day.
Pay rate: To be determined based on experience plus enrolment in our Health Benefits Package after a 3 month probation period and yearly raises or bonuses.
How to ApplyTo apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Attn: Joelle" in the subject line. You can also call: 905-931-0447 if you have questions and ask for Joelle. We are looking forward to meeting you soon!
929 total views, 11 today