Full-Time Elevator Operator
Port Colborne, ON
Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as an Elevator Operator based in Port Colborne, Ontario.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
Join our team with Purpose & History! P&H’s roots go back over 110 years. We have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business that understands the qualities and conditions needed for meaningful growth. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain merchandising, flour milling, crop input distribution and animal feed production.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
As Elevator Operator, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all aspects of operations at the Grain Terminal.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Operation and maintenance of various elevator related equipment
- Support all facility operations, as needed
- Unload and load grain trucks and railcars
- Complete paperwork and compile online documentation in support of facility operations
- Other duties as assigned which may include seasonal maintenance and landscaping
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- Previous experience as a general labourer
- As an Elevator Operator, essential duties will include bending, kneeling, climbing (ladders and stairs) and the ability to lift up to 50lbs in a variety of weather conditions
- Previous experience within an agricultural environment and/or experience with heavy equipment is an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Previous experience entering data using Microsoft Excel, along with the internet is required (or ability to learn)
- Ability to travel to surrounding locations, as required
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
How to ApplyVisit our Careers Portal: Current Opportunities - Parrish and Heimbecker
323 total views, 11 today