Full-Time Events and Marketing Coordinator
Events and Marketing Coordinator
Marketing and Communications · Burlington, Ontario
HIEC is an innovative not-for-profit social enterprise that focuses on partnership, mentorship and workforce development in Ontario. With over 30 years of experience as an active community-focused organization, HIEC’s goal is to enhance career education and inspire youth to make informed career decisions. We offer a team environment that encourages innovative ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit.
One of HIEC’s core programs/services is the online platform ApprenticeSearch.com, which connects job seekers and employers in the skilled trades. ApprenticeSearch.com has addressed and removed barriers to apprenticeship by helping candidates find jobs, and has made it easier for small, medium and large Ontario employers to hire the skilled workers they need to grow their businesses.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated, resourceful, collaborative and entrepreneurially-minded individual who is passionate about pursuing a career in marketing and events. Specifically, theEvents and Marketing Coordinator will handle a range of responsibilities that support the delivery of the organization’s programs and events.
The Events and Marketing Coordinator will collaborate with team members to identify event opportunities, coordinate event logistics, and create and execute event marketing plans. This person will also use their expertise to support other marketing-related activities within the organization.
Successful candidates will have the desire to bring their skills and expertise to support non-profit program and service delivery. We’re looking for a collaborative teammate who can bring new ideas to the table that will support our organizational goals.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
HIEC-ApprenticeSearch.com Event Coordination:
- Support the planning and execution of existing HIEC-ApprenticeSerach.com events (both virtual and in-person)
- Monitor event critical path, coordinate planning meetings, and prepare meeting reports;
- Manage event registrations and communications with attendees;
- Organize and oversee volunteer support for events as required;
- Connect with event speakers in order to organize and coordinate attendance
- Develop, execute and report on event evaluations/surveys/recaps;
- Assist with creating sponsorship packages and approaching event sponsors for donations;
- Tracking event donations and thanking event sponsors;
- Provide financial and administrative support with event vendors + attendees.;
- Respond to public inquiries about events in an efficient and professional manner;
- Provide support at events which can require occasional evening and weekend work, and occasional local travel;
- Collaborate with team members to develop content for event marketing materials;
- Create and execute event marketing plans;
- Assist with the development of event speaking notes;
- Manage event donations and donor inquiries, including accepting donations and assisting with tax receipt delivery; and
- Create materials related to event execution – such as PowerPoint decks, event polls, hand-outs/marketing materials, swag/giveaways, etc.
Partner Event Coordination:
- Support the planning and execution of HIEC-ApprenticeSerach.com’s participation in partner events;
- Manage the organization’s event calendar and track employee participation in events;
- Liaise with partners to ensure HIEC-ApprenticeSearch.com has required event details;
- Purchase and track tickets to partner events;
- Assist with setting up virtual and in-person event booths;
- Order swag and other marketing collaterals for partner events;
- Coordinate HIEC-ApprenticeSearch.com sponsorship of partner events;
- Support HIEC-ApprenticeSearch.com team members in preparing material for partner events, such as speaking notes and presentations;
- Assisting with the creation of event summaries for partner events;
- Attending partner events as a representative of HIEC-ApprenticeSearch.com; and
- Assisting with travel arrangements for attending partner events.
Other Marketing and Event Duties
- Ensuring virtual events are recorded, downloaded and, if necessary, added to the HIEC website;
- Provide updates to the HIEC and ApprenticeSearch.com websites with event details;
- Create event marketing materials and social media images in Canva;
- Help book training opportunities for HIEC-ApprenticeSearch.coms staff and clients;
- Track and budget event spending;
- Assist with creating content for social media, and posting to social media accounts;
- Presenting ideas for future events, sponsorship opportunities, and marketing tactics;
- Identify opportunities to participate in other partner events; and
- Assisting with other marketing and event duties as required.
Qualifications to succeed:
- Post-Secondary education, with a focus on Marketing, Communications and/or related experience;
- A minimum of 3 years of event and marketing experience in a past paced and growing environment;
- Prior experience event planning, including selecting and securing function space, creating agendas, confirming guest speakers, budgeting, tracking, reporting, and post-event follow up with venues and sponsors
- Experience with delivery of virtual events
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in both virtual and in-person events;
- Experience with Canva, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), or similar is a requirement
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with social media usage, especially for event promotion and engagement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, with a high degree of professionalism
- Experience working with non-for-profit organizations is an asset
- Experience working with email campaign platforms such as HubSpot is an asset
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple projects, schedules, and deadlines;
- Comfortable communicating with both internal and external partners at all levels, especially in the event-planing process;
- Resourceful and able to proactively anticipate needs and provide solutions to effectively deal with challenging situations;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, but focused on building and maintaining strong processes while always looking for ways to improve;
- Interest and ability to work in a smaller-sized, not-for-profit organizations;
Work is usually performed with-in a standard office environment, based out of the HIEC’s Burlington office from the hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. There will be some requirement to work additional hours, occasionally during evenings and weekends.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, work may be performed as a combination of working within the HIEC Office and working remotely from home or other suitable location, with a full phased return to the office planned in accordance with guidance from public health authorities.
How to Apply
Please apply online hereHIEC is committed to equity and creating a respectful and inclusive workplace culture that reflects the broad diversity of communities we work with. This includes people who identify as immigrants, refugees, women, Indigenous, Black, LGBTQ2S+ people of colour, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process. Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada. Please contact Human Resources by phone (289) 929-5590. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only selected applicants will be contacted for a preliminary interview.
338 total views, 1 today