Seasonal General Labourers – Greenhouse Workers
GREENHOUSE WORKERS—2022 Season
Multiple Positions Available
With an ASAP start date, Jeffery’s Greenhouses Plant II is now accepting applications for Seasonal Full Time Staff for our 2022 production season at the 2411 Fourth Ave, Jordan Station location. (Approximately 40 to 50 hrs/week).
1) Due to Covid-19 restrictions, please do not drop by as only essential , pre-screened visitors are currently permitted.
2) This location is in the country and is not near a bus route. All applicants must have reliable transportation.
Job Duties Include:
- The planting and care of greenhouse grown potted/bedding plants & hanging baskets.
- Cleaning and sterilization of greenhouses benches and tables.
- Layout, spacing/hanging of potted plants.
- Picking up and loading plants onto racks for shipment to customers.
- Light farm grounds maintenance.
Fast paced environment, repetitive tasks, physically demanding. Candidates should have the ability to withstand hot environments (both indoors and outdoors), especially in late spring and summer months. The job involves considerable walking, standing for extended periods, lifting, bending, crouching and kneeling throughout the day.
Skill Requirements: Previous experience in a greenhouse environment is not required but is an asset. No education is required.
Wage Rate: $15.00/hour
How to Apply: Forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to (905) 934-9044.
1) Qualified candidates will initially be interviewed via Microsoft Teams or phone. Onsite visitors for subsequent interviews will be required to present a Covid-19 vaccine receipt or valid exemption.
2) All employees are required to wear masks while working and complete a daily covid screen form prior to the start of their shifts. Anyone exhibiting any symptoms are asked to stay home.
3) Social Distancing measures are in place with dual breaks/lunches to allow for less people in lunchrooms.
4) Essential visitors only on premises.
Jeffery’s is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation during the interview and selection process.
How to ApplyForward resume to email@example.com or Fax to (905) 934-9044.
417 total views, 2 today