Part-Time Home Worker
HOME WORKER POSITION
Community Support Services of Niagara (CSSN) is currently seeking a part-time (up to 24 hours per week) Home Worker to add to our team. CSSN is a volunteer based, not-for-profit agency providing comprehensive support services to assist seniors and adults with disabilities to live independently in their homes.
- Carry out housekeeping tasks, such as dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning bathrooms, changing bed linens, laundry, and light meal preparation. Tasks will be focused on individual needs of the client
- To comply with all agency health & safety policies and procedures while delivering housekeeping services, including but not limited to appropriate chemical and disinfectant safe handling and storing requirements
- Maintain correct and adequate records of all work completed using agency forms and submit records to CSSN Service Coordinator as required
- To be available for client assignments up to 24 hours per week
- Advise the CSSN Service Coordinator if you are unable to perform the work
- To inform the CSSN Service Coordinator of concerns noted in client’s condition or safety issues in client’s home
- Understand and comply with agency emergency and incident reporting policies and procedures
- To refrain from providing the following activities including, personal care, lifting of client, dispensing medications, providing advice such as legal, medical, etc.
- To refrain from lifting or moving heavy objects such as sofas, refrigerators etc.
- To inform the CSSN Service Coordinator if you can no longer be a homemaker or will be away for a length of time
- To be a good listener and respect the needs, decisions, and rights of the client
- To maintain confidentiality
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior residential cleaning experience necessary
- Successful completion of a vulnerable sector police check, mandatory orientation, and training
- To be available for scheduled shifts
- Willingness to travel within the jurisdiction you have been hired for
- Access to a reliable vehicle with million-dollar liability automobile insurance
- The ability to effectively work independently and as a member of a team
- The ability to maintain correct, up-to-date, and accurate records
- Sound knowledge and awareness of health and safety requirements, policies, and procedures
- Well-develop oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, to understand, and put product safety procedures to use
- Good physical and healthy state to perform all tasks quickly, effectively, and efficiently.
- To have patience, understanding and enjoy helping others
- Ability to speak French an asset
WAGE, BENEFITS & HOURS:
- Workers are CSSN part time staff
- Scheduled shifts Mon-Fri, up to 24 hours per week
- Hourly wage of $17.17 plus 4% vacation pay
- Ability to work between the hours 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Probationary period is 3 months
- Paid training day, to be added onto first pay cheque (after working first schedule)
We thank all those for applying in advance, due to volume only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We foster a work environment that is inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Indigenous people, Francophones, minorities, and people with disabilities.
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Community Support Services of Niagara (CSSN) will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
How to ApplyPlease send your resume to email@example.com
605 total views, 1 today