Full-Time Hotel Maintenance (afternoon shift)
We are looking to hire a Hotel Maintenance worker to work Full Time afternoon shift- must be available weekends and holidays.
- Responds to guest room services calls immediately and maintains excellent communication with Front Desk, Food & Beverage and Housekeeping.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor repairs on heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor repairs on plumbing systems.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor repairs on electrical systems.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor repairs on appliances.
- Performs routine maintenance jobs and repairs including paint and repairing drywall.
- Assists with periodic baggage handling as required.
- Communicates with guests in a professional and tactful manner when dealing with disruptive behaviour.
- Maintains the general upkeep of the Resort.
- Removes garbage/recycling from all refuse outlets throughout the Resort and properly disposes of as scheduled.
- Inspects maintenance and repair work to ensure compliance with specifications; recommend modifications and requirement changes to facilitate completion of assigned tasks.
- Conducts inspections of buildings and facilities to ensure safety and to determine repair needs.
- Provides prompt hands- on – skills to ensure all hotel systems are maintained in good working order.
- Patrols by foot and vehicle and inspects interior and exterior of facilities to defend against damage, theft, or harm.
- Deals with local Fire Department/Monitoring Company as well as operates the fire control and annunciator panel during fire alarm/emergency evacuation situations.
- Promotes and follows all safety and fire regulations and procedures and directs all hotel team members and guests during fire alarms and evacuation while ensuring their safety in an efficient and calm manner.
- Professionally represents the Americana at all times by maintaining a clean uniform, neat appearance and excellent personal hygiene.
- All other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager/Ownership.
- Completion of High School
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Valid Police Clearance Certificate (done here)
- Fall Arrest Certification an asset
- Aerial Work Platform Certification an asset
- Pool knowledge an asset
- Must have 1+ years of hotel maintenance or related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be pleasant and cheerful.
- Detail-oriented, ethical and honest.
- Standing, walking, bending, lifting
- Stress in dealing with high volume of calls and guest concerns.
The Americana Conference Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will make reasonable accommodations for the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process
How to ApplyPlease email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
571 total views, 1 today