Location: Employment and Immigrant Services – St. Catharines
Pay: $15.50/hour with YMCA Membership Benefit
Employment Type: Part time – 8 hours/ week
Placement Date: Immediately
WHY WORK FOR THE YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA of Niagara aspires to be a great workplace, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values – caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, and responsibility – the YMCA provides our employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through growth opportunities and great benefits, and the knowledge that their day-to-day actions have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the people of Niagara.
NATURE & SCOPE
The role of the Housekeeper is to ensure that the YMCA facility is clean and well maintained so quality programs can be delivered.
- To perform the cleaning of the office as specified in the work schedule.
- To ensure that all areas are clean, safe and well organized and meet SAM 2.1 standards.
- To support and work as part of a staff/volunteer team to ensure that all clients; YMCA experience is a positive one.
- To attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
- To perform other facility cleaning and maintenance duties (when qualified) as assigned.
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara.
- Cleaning experience in an office setting required
- A clear and satisfactory criminal reference check inclusive of the vulnerable sector search (CRC VSS) issued for the YMCA of Niagara
- Ensures that YMCA programs and services are superior.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Deliberate identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience.
Concern for health and safety
- Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
How to ApplyAPPLICATION PROCESS Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by 4:30pm on March 17, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email. Internal applicates are encouraged to notify their supervisor before applying. All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted by email. In-person interviews will adhere to physical distancing guidelines. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org
605 total views, 1 today