Full-Time Human Resources Manager
We’re looking for an outgoing, organized and knowledgeable HR professional with a positive attitude to join our dynamic team and take on the lead role of managing our most valued asset – our people!
ABOUT NIAGARA CLIFTON GROUP
NCG encompasses the north side of Clifton Hill, a mere one block from the Falls and Maid of the Mist, adjacent to Casino Niagara and walking distance to all Niagara’s major points of interest. We offer quality accommodations, retails shops, restaurants, and family friendly attractions.
Clifton Hill is one of the most exciting places to work in one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Niagara Clifton Group recently celebrated 95 years in business and with our staff’s efforts we will continue our outstanding tradition of hospitality and service.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for successfully managing and executing all operational HR functions across Niagara Clifton Group (NCG)’s various departments and business units. Acting as a strategic business partner, the HR Manager must ensure HR policies, procedures, and systems support and align with organizational values, goals and objectives. The HR Manager must proactively oversee employee relations, life cycle and retention; health and safety; policy and culture development; HR administration, and HR planning.
Health & Safety
- Oversee and implement all health and safety policies, procedures and initiatives for NCG’s departments and business units.
- Lead the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) and conduct monthly meetings to discuss and address health and safety concerns, issues and/or inquiries.
- Regularly tour NCG properties and ensure First Aid Kits are adequately stocked and maintained at all times.
- Address employee issues and conduct workplace investigations in accordance with company policy.
- Actively promote and champion a culture that values the health and safety of all stakeholders.
Employee Life Cycle & Staff Relations
- Coordinate and assist with the recruitment and selection of Management staff.
- Plan and organize annual job fairs to ensure adequate staffing for the peak season.
- Develop employee onboarding materials and forms.
- Conduct orientation training for group hires as needed.
- Recommend and implement employment practices that support current and future business needs.
- Effectively resolve conflict and facilitate positive employee relationsby promptly addressing issues.
- Create a performance management system and appraisal tools
- Assist in the development, maintenance and administration of the compensation and benefits structure.
- Foster a collaborative, inclusive and engaging workplace culture built on trusting work relationships.
- Guide and engage in disciplinary and termination procedures as required.
- Develop, implement, monitor and update HR policies, procedures and records, as needed, to ensure the organization is legally compliant with all legislative requirements and employment standards.
- Drive consistency in application of policies and procedures across the organization.
- Assist with payroll and employee filing functions as requested.
- Submit and monitor employee WSIB claims.
Leadership Support & Collaboration
- Work closely with the leadership team to address, strategize and provide guidance on all HR matters.
- Assist in advising, counselling and coaching managers on a number of HR-related activities and best practices across all functions of HR (i.e. employee relations, performance management, etc.).
- Build trust with those overseeing NCG’s various business units by spending time on-site learning about the needs of each department, and how those needs can be supported to achieve organizational goals.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a professional HR role, required.
- Experience working in service, hospitality/tourism or related industry, required.
- Diploma, degree and/or certification in Human Resources Management, preferred.
- Completion of CHRP/CHRL designation, an asset
- Extensive knowledge and experience with HR policies, systems, functions and best practices, preferred.
KEY CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge and understanding of business operations within the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to foster, support, and maintain working relationships built on mutual trust and respect.
- Competent in managing time and prioritizing work activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with other administrative software (i.e. Dropbox, ADP)
- Ability to have foresight and strategically problem-solve using sound judgement.
- Effectively able to work independently and as a team.
- Commitment to promoting an inclusive, healthy, and safe workplace culture and environment.
OUR NCG EMPLOYEE PROMISE
- Asupportive, friendly and dedicated team environment.
- Health and Benefits Plan (after 3 months)
- RRSP Plan (after 6 months)
- Employee engagement events
How to ApplyIf you think your experience, skills and career aspirations are aligned with this opportunity – please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org “HR Manager” in the subject line. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a safe, healthy, diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
360 total views, 1 today