Full-Time Industrial Electrician
Name of Job: Industrial Electrician
Shift Rotation: Midnights, Afternoons, Days
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Overtime: Weekly potential for overtime after 40 hours
Starting Wage: $38 + shift premiums on Afternoons and Midnights
Benefits: 100% Employer-funded; eligible after three months’ continuous employment RRSP Employer match
The Maintenance Industrial Electrician position is primarily responsible for the maintenance of the assembly equipment on the Production floor. This position will support the operation of the business through the maintenance as required to maintenance assembly standards. They must remain composed under pressure and may work casual overtime or flex hours as required to meet deadlines. They must be able to work independently, organize/prioritize and work with a sense of urgency and tact/discretion.
EDUCATIONAL AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Completion of an Electrical program from a recognized university or college program (proof required)
• Must have successfully obtained Ontario Certification of Qualification as an Industrial Electrician or Construction Electrician (proof of certificate required).
• Related experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with industrial equipment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
• Must possess leadership, interpersonal, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to perform various computer functions (Microsoft Office, AutoCAD) software and communication.
• Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, correspondence, instructions, procedures and guidelines.
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, suppliers and customers.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
• Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines; able to work flexible hours and weekend overtime to meet department requirements.
• Knowledge of resistance welding, electrical standards, and latest safety standards.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines with accuracy.
• Knowledge of PLC and Robotic programming (Allen Bradley/Rockwell (RS Logix 500, RS View, Control Logics 5000), Fanuc Robots, Beckhoff, Siemens) Mechatronics experience considered an asset.
• Practice our ‘Safety First’ policy by addressing hazards, defective equipment, wearing personal protective equipment as required, and by reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
• Maintain safety standards of equipment and work area, while performing all duties in a safe manner in accordance with the safety policies.
• Follow and abide by all government legislation and guidelines.
• Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks, and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
• Commitment to the Magna Employee Charter.
• Report any issues/problems to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Support cross-functional repairs to equipment that includes electrical, mechanical, and tooling provided it could be done safely.
• Department support for testing, repairing, and calibrating electric or electronic components.
• Document electrical changes for plant inspections as well as basic administration including computer entry and documentation of work performed.
• Complete preventative maintenance on equipment and keep maintenance records to identify weakness in design.
• Maintain and store all electrical spares, tools, and equipment as designated and required.
• Assist team to meet Key Performance Indicators and Continuous Improvement objectives.
• Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair industrial, electrical, and electronic control systems and other related devices to maintain production.
• Perform electrical repair work on all machines, equipment, and facilities.
• Diagnose and make changes to programs as required, with the aid of programmable logic controls.
• Evaluate and improve our processes for uptime and repeatability.
• Evaluate downtime situations for root cause and identify potential risks to similar processes.
• Install, examine, replace, or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic, and coaxial cable assembles, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
• Services, maintains, repairs, installs, and tests new or existing equipment and verifies conformance to specifications.
• Assist with problem solving initiatives as required.
How to ApplyPlease submit your application to Nola.Polgar@magna.com Venest Industries has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.
386 total views, 1 today