Full-Time Janitorial Supervisor
The Housekeeping (HK) Supervisor is responsible for managing and supporting the work activities of the cleaning personnel; i.e. keeping the building in clean and orderly condition. This role is responsible for knowing the facility’s cleaning requirements and to direct hourly cleaning personnel to achieve them cost-efficiently. This operation will take place during normal working hours; housekeepers that report this position will work a shift that is after normal working hours (as appropriate); all hours of work can change as required by the needs of the facility. This Position reports to the KFM Facilities Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the POSITION:
- Interface with tenant(s) on facility issues as required.
- Interface with client representatives and the Facility Manager on items affecting tenants and the facility.
- Perform work and facility audits
- Possible weekend coverage
- Manage specific tasks assigned by the Customer Leadership and Facility Manager.
- Supervise, coordinate, and perform the activities of work force & personnel related to all Housekeeping responsibilities; including but not limited to routine cleaning activities, restrooms, offices, common area cleaning, cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish, etc.
- Responsible for successful operations of the housekeeping & cleaning functions.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, and skill of personnel. Coordinate and dispatch assignment of Housekeeping personnel and resources.
- Inspect work performed to ensure cleaning standards are being met. Monitor employees’ work levels and review work performance. Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
- Support and implement as necessary safety tools such as “Take 2”, Pre Task Plans, Safe Operating Practices, Safety Observation Tours and Incident Investigations.
- Patrol and monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or health and safety rules.
- Arrange for worker training in safety, repair, and techniques; operational procedures; and equipment use. Also develops and evaluates Housekeeping employees.
- Assist development and manage the cleaning operation plan (Frequencies, Methods, Equipment, Tools, Materials needed).
- Know the site’s cleaning requirements (Area, Conditions, Occupant usage factors, Standards of cleanliness).
- Establish daily cleaning schedules for hourly personnel, covering routine and special project operations.
- Maintain inventories of cleaning materials (supplies, equipment, chemicals, etc.) required at the site.
- Establish performance improvement targets for specific cleaning operations at the site and make targets visible for all.
- Review all Customer Work Requests, several times a day. Interface with the customer to ensure that the scope of work is clearly understood. Prioritize and schedule the work. Follow up with the Customer when the work is complete to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for work place organization (WPO) being in place within areas of responsibility / assignment. (key point: expected to lead by example)
- Conduct and Support all cleaning operations… per assignment. This position will have a daily cleaning route to maintain. Cleaning duties may include but are not limited to:
- Servicing, cleaning, and supplying restrooms; Gathering and emptying trash; Cleaning building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming; Strip, seal, finish and polish floors (as required); Follow procedures for the safe use of chemicals and power equipment; Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors; Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Required – Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for this occupation.
Education & Training:
- Required – High School Graduate or GED
- Employees may need some on-the-job training, but most of these occupations assume that the person will already have the required skills, knowledge, work-related experience, and/or training.
Licensing / Certifications:
Knowledge of computer Office Suite software (MS Office), Leadership, General Knowledge of Cleaning equipment, communication devises (cell phones & 2-way radios), Work Order Systems (CMMS), critical decision making, etc.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their application to Job Gym at email@example.com. Please quote 'Knight Facilities Management - Janitorial Supervisor' in the subject line of your email. If you have questions about this opportunity, or need assistance applying, please contact Job Gym at 905-732-7655 and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.
456 total views, 2 today