Full-Time Kitchen Manager
Commisso’s Fresh Foods offers a wide variety of products that range from our in-house kitchen and bakery to imports from all over Europe. When choosing the right products to carry, we focus on fresh, organic, and specialty products that cannot be found within Niagara Region.
The Kitchen Manager will bring Commisso’s vision of healthy lifestyles to life by preparing quality foods, brimming with flavour from the finest local products, seasonal produce, and fresh meats. The Kitchen Manager will create menus, inspiring recipes, and showcase easily prepared and ready-made meals to a high volume of customers. As a dynamic leader, this candidate will develop and empower the team to provide exceptional customer service and superior food offerings.
Commisso’s Fresh Foods has an immediate opening for a full-time Kitchen Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the Kitchen department including prepared foods and hot food counters;
- Develop and oversee the execution of a high volume of daily meals;
- Manage food costing, maintain or raise the profit margins on food;
- Maintain inventory system and ensure all stock is ordered;
- Oversee the merchandising and display of the Hot Food Department;
- Oversee scheduling of staff for the kitchen department;
- Motivate and empower a team of 12-20 by hiring, training and developing a dynamic team;
- Coordinate catering events and expand the catering department offerings;
- Educate customers and team members on new specialty products and healthy eating options;
- Conduct ongoing research of trends in the food industry;
- Ensure food meets quality standards and satisfies all public health and food safety requirements;
- Demonstrate superior standards of customer service and customer interaction, including food demonstrations; and
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum 1 year of management experience considered an asset;
- Experience in a high-volume kitchen (preferably hotel or banquet hall setting) preferred;
- Experience in a high-volume Corporate Food Service environment;
- Culinary Degree from a recognized Institute of Culinary Arts considered an asset;
- Enthusiastic, hands-on leader with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Posses full understanding of HACCP procedures;
- Passionate about providing healthy alternatives and offering customers the latest healthy food options;
- Strong financial management skills including the ability to review and analyze financial statements;
- Proven organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to manage inventory levels, order stock, and price products to achieve gross margin targets;
- Excellent people management skills including the ability to: recruit, hire, train, motivate, evaluate, correct, develop, and increase staff performance;
- Ability to lift over 20lbs is required;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; and
- Proven commitment to personal growth and development.
If you would like to become part of the Commisso’s team and advance in your career, this job is for you!
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Commisso’s Fresh Foods is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Commisso’s Fresh Foods believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
How to ApplyPlease follow this link to apply: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/72786 or apply in-store!
815 total views, 2 today