Full-Time Landscape Maintenance Manager (Garden)
Landscape Maintenance Manager (Garden) : We are searching for an organized, hard-working and detailed Landscape Maintenance Manager (Garden) who’s willing to take on new challenges and join our growing team. This person would be responsible for day-to-day management of the landscape maintenance crews (garden). Ensure Crew Leads are upholding Newport policies, core values, and quality standards. Thorough understanding of general landscape maintenance procedures, equipment, and ability to train and guide new staff as well as satisfy customer expectations.
Newport Landscaping, established in 2006, is a design/build firm with a landscape maintenance division, based out of Vineland, ON. Our organization’s continued success and accelerated growth is due in large part to the investments we’ve made in our employees, in our equipment, and the long-term relationships we’ve developed with our clients.
ROLE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proven ability and understanding of gardening principles
- Advanced knowledge annual and perennial pant types, their seasons and care regiments
- A keen eye for detail and a determination to improve quality
- Ability to create accountability and lead by example
- Possess agility to pivot to shifting production demands
- Ability to positively interface with customers and clients
- General landscape maintenance duties for both residential and commercial sites
- Arrive 15 minutes early to prepare for the day; circle check, raw materials, hand tools, etc
- Work with management team to create a schedule for customers
- Meet regularly with other managers to discuss changes, site checking and new customers
- Responsible for equipment well-being including, mowers, zero-turns mowers, push mowers, blowers, trimmers, hand-tools, etc.
- Manage crew of team leads, ensure they are upholding Newport policies and procedures
- Responsible for training of new garden crew members; operating machinery, safety, best practice for efficiency tips (per property)
- Balance crew resources based on skills, move crew members as required, ensure crews remain on schedule Ensure trucks, trailers and equipment are kept clean (end of day clean-up routine, and fuel checks)
- Ensure crew leads are completing daily circle checks of their assigned vehicles and trailers
- Ensure shop gardens are maintained, dependent on schedule (weekly)
- Help with onboarding new crew members in the garden section. Report back on ability of new hires skills, ensure good fit
- Responsible for dealing with site damage that might occur
- Responsible for managing on-site client relations, as well as crew lead’s clients. Ensure satisfaction of all
- Report mechanical issues/concerns immediately to mechanics
- Ensure proper use of company equipment, including towing, transporting machinery, and safe handling techniques
- Co-manage geographic area for snow removal and salting operations during the winter months
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid G Ontario Driver’s Licence
- High School Diploma or GED, college diploma is an asset but not required
- Steel toe boots/Hi-vis
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$30.00 per hour. Rate of pay is based on experience.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday – 7:00AM-5:00PM
- How soon would you be available to start if selected for this role?
- Management: 3 years (preferred)
- Gardening: 3 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
How to ApplyPlease send your resume to email@example.com with the subject " Landscape Maintenance Manager (Garden)". We thank all applicants that apply.
756 total views, 4 today