To be discussed Maintenance Assistant
Under the direction of the Director environmental services, is responsible for performing maintenance repairs, painting and maintenance on equipment and supplies in the home. Adheres to all regulations and standards in accordance with the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority.
Grade 12 education. At least one years’ experience is required, background in the electrical, plumbing or mechanical trades would be considered a preference. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions in the English language. Able and willing to perform physical duties inside and outside the home when necessary. Must be able to move heavy objects and have the ability to co-operate with staff. Will be required to work weekends on a rotational schedule. Must be available for emergency call-in as needed.
- WHMIS Certificate
- MOL ( Ministry of Labour ) Occupational Health & Safety Certificate
- TB Test & Physician Fitness Statement
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate – preferred
- Health & Safety Certified – an asset
- Participates actively in, and contributes to, the Quality Improvement program.
- Maintains the building in good repair and keeps free of hazards such as those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems.
- Monitors environmental fire safety conditions, equipment and alarm systems.
- Maintains the emergency pull cord system and emergency lighting system in good working order. Performs periodic tests of systems and keeps required records of test results.
- Keeps heating and air-supply units in good working order.
- Performs regular monthly maintenance checks of all equipment and supplies within the residence.
- Performs monthly maintenance check of the building, equipment, grounds and residences.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair work. Co-ordinates maintenance work with other departments.
- Maintains the exterior grounds; salting, snow removal, weed control. During summer months-daily watering of assigned plants and gardens to ensure optimum appearance is achieved
- Plasters, paints and performs carpentry and repair work. Minor plumbing, removes/installs toilets, faucets, water supply hoses and flow valves.
- Maintains required records and reports as outlined in the policies and procedures of the maintenance department.
- Maintains the residence in a safe and clean environment. Keeps work areas and storage rooms neat and orderly.
- In the absence of the environmental services manager, performs duties and supervision as required.
- Participates in staff meetings and applicable educational training.
- Follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the maintenance department.
- Maintains effective communication both written and verbal with residents, tenants and staff. Uses the appropriate lines of communication with supervisory staff.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly inspection of all fire safety equipment.
- Inspects fire extinguishers on a monthly basis.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Complies with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and W.H.M.I.S. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the environmental services manager.
How to ApplyPlease submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
939 total views, 8 today