Full-Time Maintenance – Automation Specialist
Join One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies!
Located in the beautiful Niagara Region, Book Depot Inc. is an innovative leader in the bargain book industry, and we have been for more than 30 years. Today, our massive 500,000 square foot distribution facility pushes the limits of technology to process new stock and ship all over the world every day. We are an essential business and have been open throughout the pandemic to deliver books into the hands of those that need them the most.
At Book Depot Inc. we believe that reading is at the heart of enchanting the mind, and it is our shared responsibility to bring this purpose to life. Our culture and everything that we do is guided by our core values:
- WE NOT ME – we understand that success is fleeting if we don’t put others first
- KICK SOME MOON DUST – we believe that the key to greatness is to be willing to go where no one has ever gone before
- RIDE TOGETHER. WIN TOGETHER – we believe that the whole TEAM is greater than the sum of its individual players and Together Everyone Achieves More
- WE EAT THE STINKY CHEESE – we have a curious mind, and never stop learning
- WAKE UP. BE AWESOME. REPEAT – we believe that working hard is the result of a great attitude and passion for living each day at our best, and
- NO DONKEYS – we know that life is too short to work with, or do business with, those that think and act like donkeys.
We are looking to grow the Book Depot Inc. family with enthusiastic and driven individuals who share our values and passion for achieving results within an environment of continuous growth and innovation.
To learn more about Book Depot Inc., please visit our website at: https://www.bookdepot.ca/Help/AboutUs
We have an opportunity available for a full-time Automation Specialist at our Thorold main office and distribution centre. The successful candidate will be responsible to the Facilities Director for the support of all automated systems (robots, conveyance, sortation machine, etc.) to ensure efficient operations and maximum up-time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical application support during new installations and equipment breakdowns.
- Review and document technical information (i.e. version upgrade requirements, service packs, patches, utilities) provided by the product manufacturer. Keeps up-to-date schematics and related technical documentation.
- Assists in equipment malfunction investigation to increase equipment reliability by identifying root cause, determining corrective actions/preventative measures, and following up on any deviations, and customer complaints.
- Performs routine diagnostic checks on equipment, electrical panels, and control systems;
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance programs for required equipment
- Provide technical support for existing automation control systems as well as assist with designing, estimating, and commissioning new automation control systems integrated with Robots based on PLC’s.
- Troubleshoot machine breakdowns in a timely manner to minimize loss of production
- Provide support with repairing robotic and automated equipment.
- Determines and programs parameters for variable frequency drivers and servo drives.
- Participate in Lean / 5S / Continuous Improvement initiatives and quality improvements
- Maintain inventory of parts and equipment.
- Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge and skills by attending training sessions and seminars from major manufacturers of automation equipment.
- Participate in system concept development and estimating.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Build positive relationships, and exemplify company culture standards with maintenance department, warehouse Group Leaders and all warehouse staff.
- 2+ years of experience in industrial automation, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution center environment
- Fluent English communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Able to work in and support a 24hr production-based environment
- Ability to work independently or as a team in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong diagnostic, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Very good understanding of electrical drawing packages
- Proven analytical, trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of machine safety (Safety Relays and Safety PLC’s)
- Experience with 5S/Lean
- Broad knowledge of process automation and conveyance
- Familiarity with industrial robotics (Primarily Fanuc & ABB)
- Familiarity with factory networking protocols (Both IT and OT systems)
- Proven ability to design and interpret electrical drawings, control drawings and schematics for automated systems
- Solid understanding of PLC and HMI programming (Primarily Allen Bradley & Beckhoff)
- Intermediate-level knowledge in IEC programming languages (PLC and HMI programming)
- Post-Secondary Diploma in related field
- Electrical Certification an asset
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Able to work some Saturdays, and some Stat Holidays.
- Able to be on 24hr call for emergencies and deal with them in a timely manner.
- Able to stand all day and perform tasks that include regular bending, lifting, and squatting.
This full-time opportunity includes $75 reimbursement on a new pair of safety shoes. Please note that CSA approved “green triangle patch” safety shoes or boots are required for this position. We also require a basic police check.
This opportunity includes employer-paid health and dental benefits after the fulfillment of a waiting period.
We very much appreciate and thank you for your application and interest in Book Depot Inc., however, only those individuals selected to participate in our interview process will be contacted. We will keep all resumes received for one year.
Book Depot Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations necessary.
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume to email@example.com
115 total views, 4 today