Full-Time Maintenance Team Member
A general maintenance worker carries out basic repairs, general building cleaning, groundskeeping, and responds to other emergency maintenance requests as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Maintenance Worker
- Fields maintenance requests from the rental office.
- Repairs broken sinks, toilets, and other basic plumbing equipment.
- Manages grounds keeping duties, such as snow shoveling in winter, weeds/gardening in summer, leaf raking in fall.
- Collects waste, puts out bins and returns bins to proper location after city or third-party collection.
- Paints walls and exteriors of buildings.
- Performs miscellaneous custodial work as needed.
- Going on a rotating after-hours “on-call” schedule is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates skill with power tools.
- Possesses physical strength necessary to lift and move heavy equipment.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates familiarity with site safety precautions.
- Exhibits solid time management skills.
- Has a valid driver’s G class license, valid insurance, clear driving record and own vehicle.
- Demonstrates ability to operate mechanical and landscaping equipment.
- Can respond quickly and calmly to emergency requests.
- Works well with a team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with others to describe the problem and solution involved in particular maintenance requests.
Education, Experience & Other Requirements
- High school diploma.
- Experience in maintenance field, custodial or janitorial (an asset).
- Valid G Drivers License
- Valid Insurance
- Clear Drivers Abstract (no violations)
- Own vehicle
- Undergo a criminal background check
- Work may be conducted either inside or outside depending on the work day.
- Time will be spent in workrooms, offices, and apartments.
- Minor travel from one local site to another will be required.
- Tasks may involve moderate to heavy physical labor.
- Walking, climbing, standing, sitting, and lifting are required.
THIS IS AN ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION.
Full-time with opportunities for advancement and growth after the 6-month probation period. Employer willing to pay for certification/education for professional growth for the right employee(s).
Up to $21.00 per hour, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Normal schedule will be days with being on an “on-call” rotation for night/weekend emergencies.
Please do not phone the employer regarding the position(s) or the hiring/application status. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by the employer.
How to ApplyApply with resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com In your application describe in 1-2 paragraphs why you would be the best person for the job and why. No phone calls please.
463 total views, 1 today