Full-Time Manufacturing Job Fair – Woodworking Technician Assistant
Job Description – Woodworking Technician Assistant
Airwood was established in 1998. Family owned and operated the business has grown and services both the Canadian and US hardwood flooring markets. Over the past five years our business has grown by 30% year over year. This is thanks to our dedicated team while also providing the highest quality hardwood moldings in the industry. We do things differently than our competition and are consistently evolving and finding outside the box solutions for industry problems. Airwood is consistently improving our product offering in hardwood floor accessories and is often considered an industry innovator in design and manufacturing standards.
We’re not your typical wood working shop or hardwood molding provider. Every product we mill is steeped in tradition while offering the best of today’s technology and innovation. We are excited to introduce you to the Airwood culture!
The Woodworking Technician Assistant would be responsible for piece assembly, glue work, assisting on sanders, bandsaw, planer and in our shipping department and stain booth, and any other tasks assigned by management.
In this exciting role you will be working alongside a dedicated team with supervision by a team leader and a foreman. All training is provided.
- You need to be able to work safely, plain and simple.
- You’re naturally a team player, and can lend a hand when needed and are interested in maintaining the success of your team.
- You can switch from one task to another and back to the original task with ease.
- Problem solving comes easy to you and you enjoy a challenge
- You have a keen eye for efficiency and are able to determine the best route to completing your work load on time and within a deadline.
- You want to work with a group of highly respected individuals who consistently grow to meet the demands of our clients. Our team seriously rocks.
- You are able to arrive early to your shift to get started on time every day.
- You have your own personal transportation
- Ability to lift 20-25 lbs
- Previous work on table saw and chop saw an asset
OUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm
- We’re a wood working plant so noise and dust are to be expected. We do however take pride in our shop and try to keep it as clean as possible.
- PPE such as ear muffs/ear plugs, gloves and safety glasses are provided
- Use of a staff lunch room with water available
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Starting at $16.50, ability to earn up to $18.50 depending on performance and willingness to learn new tasks
How to ApplyRegister now to reserve your 1-1 interview with the employers of your choice! https://www.jobgym.com/job-fairs/manufacturing/
267 total views, 8 today