Part-Time Meat Wrapper/Seafood Associate
Commisso’s Fresh Foods offer a wide variety of products that range from our in-house kitchen and bakery to imports from all over Europe. When choosing the right products to carry, we focus on fresh, organic, and specialty products that cannot be found within Niagara Region.
When you work with Commisso’s, you’re offering customers the opportunity to shop in a high-end grocery store that has so much more to offer than a traditional grocery store. Plus, as an employee, you get a store discount card so YOU can shop here and create your own savory meals at home. You will also receive a discount on bistro items, free parking, growth opportunities, competitive wages, and the chance to be part of an amazing team that LOVES FOOD!
Commisso’s Fresh Foods has an immediate opening for a part-time Meat / Wrapper Associate.
What you’ll do:
- Greet customers and answer questions in a friendly manner;
- Proactively assist, and provide accurate and timely information;
- Make product/service recommendations, and accommodate special requests;
- Ensure cases are well-merchandised and properly signed to showcase quality;
- Weigh, price, wrap, and package meat for customers;
- Weigh, price, wrap, and package seafood for customers;
- Stock and rotate products in all displays and ensure that none are past the sell-by date;
- Meet or exceed Company guidelines regarding hygiene, presentation, and customer service at the meat case and workstation;
- Take ownership of duties and responsibilities performed throughout the department; and
- Comply with all Commisso’s policies and procedures and maintain customer confidentiality.
What you will need to succeed:
- Previous experience in a meat department or related food-handling role is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of how to prepare cuts of meat;
- Previous experience in a seafood department or related food-handling role is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of how to prepare seafood, provide expert information on the different types of seafood available;
- Team player with a positive and energetic attitude;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Must be able to lift thirty (30) pounds;
- Must be able to stand at workstations for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be organized and to set priorities while meeting deadlines and managing interruptions;
- Ability to identify challenges and proactively problem-solve;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team that embraces differences of opinions;
- Ability to remain professional in all circumstances; and
- Available to workdays, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
If you would like to become part of the Commisso’s team and advance in your career, this job is for you!
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Commisso’s Fresh Foods is an equal-opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Commisso’s Fresh Foods believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
How to ApplyPlease follow this link to apply: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/75484
375 total views, 1 today