Part-Time Membership Sales and Service Host
Membership Sales and Service Host
|Location||YMCA Membership Branch – Niagara Centre – Welland
|Pay||$15.50/hr plus YMCA Membership Benefits
|Employment Type||Part Time: 15-34 hours/week, Primarily evenings and weekends
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA of Niagara aspires to be a great workplace, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values – caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, and responsibility – the YMCA provides our employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through growth opportunities and great benefits, and the knowledge that their day-to-day actions have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the people of Niagara.
NATURE & SCOPE:
The role of the Membership Sales and Service Host is to promote membership through selling memberships, promote the YMCA and provide excellent customer service using SAM 2.1 standards and principles.
- Promote membership by providing accurate YMCA program and membership information and sales tours and asking members to join; follow the 7 Steps of Selling.
- To respond to members/participants’ concerns in a positive, professional, and supportive manner.
- Act proactively to develop positive relationships with participants, supervisors, peers, and volunteers.
- Process transactions in the YMCA registration system, including new memberships and changes.
- Ensure excellent customer service by supporting and working as part of a staff/volunteer team.
- Promote the safety and security of members and participants through safe work practices, always checking for health and safety hazards and following YMCA policies and procedures.
- Respond to first aid and emergency situations; complete required incident reports.
- Handle cash transactions; be responsible for the security of cash and balance cash outs and floats
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara, and SAM 2.1.
- Provide information and registration for other YMCA of Niagara programs and services.
- Customer service experience and sales experience an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask and provide excellent customer service
- Able to develop positive relationships with members and coworkers
- Computer and phone skills are an asset
- Able to stand for a minimum of 2-4 hours at a time
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR – C certification will be required upon hiring
- A clear and satisfactory criminal reference check inclusive of the vulnerable sector search (CRC VSS)issued for the YMCA of Niagara
Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA
Relationship Building and Collaboration
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience
Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
Demonstrates a personal responsibility for the YMCA as a charity
How to ApplyAPPLICATION PROCESS: Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by February 17, 2023 to email@example.com. Please indicate position and location you are applying to in the subject line of your email. This posting will stay open until all positions are filled. Internal applicates are encouraged to notify their supervisor before applying. All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted by email. Please note that interviews may take place virtually due to COVID-19. In-person interviews will adhere to physical distancing guidelines. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org
321 total views, 3 today