Please login/register to apply for this job.
10 May 2023
Seasonal Orchard Worker (Fruit Picker)
Mathias Farms is a third-generation family run fruit farm in the hear of the Niagara Region. We specialize in the growing of cherries, blackberries, and raspberries. We offer both pick-your-own and ready-picked fruit that is available at the fruit stand located on our property.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- As an Orchard Worker, you will be part of a team that is responsible for manual fruit picking to meet the production needs of our commercial and retail customers.
- Type: Seasonal | Part Time
- Schedule: Day Shifts | 6am to 8pm | June through August
- Hours Per Week: 20 – 44 hours | 8 to 12 hour shifts
- Education: Highschool (preferred)
WHY JOIN US?
- Great ‘side job’ to make some extra money
- Work outside in the fresh air and sunshine
- Fast paced work environment
- Meet some new people
WHAT WE OFFER
- Compensation based on experience
- Pick fruit with care and precision (cherries and raspberries)
- Fill fruit containers (baskets or pints) to meet production needs
- Load and offload picked fruit into storage areas
- Work in a safe and healthy manner
- Perform other duties as might be assigned
- Standing for extended periods
- Comfortable working on orchard ladders (8 feet tall)
- Ability to bend, lift, stretch and reach
- Fine hand motor skills and dexterity
How to ApplyQualified candidates, please send your resume to Bethsecord123@hotmail.com We thank all who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Mathias Farms Ltd is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be address confidentially.
2242 total views, 51 today