Casual Personal Support Worker
- Part-time, Casual
- Part-time, Temporary, Casual
- $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Part time hours: 24-40 hours per week
- One work location
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Freedom Support Services Inc. is a temporary staffing agency headquartered in Toronto serving the health care, social service sectors in south-central Ontario. We are currently hiring Support Workers for our clients in Niagara Region.
- Work flexible hours to meet the member needs.
- Provide services to a diverse group of members residing in a variety of locations where there may be a range of care requirements.
- Support and encourage members and caregivers by communicating with them and involving them in the provision of their own care when possible and by actively listening and engaging in appropriate interaction.
- Accompany/ Drive the member to medical appointments, shopping trips and for walks as required.
- Interact with the members, the caregivers and other people of a member’s support network in a professional and respectful manner.
- Provide personal care which may include, but is not limited to bathing, grooming, skin care, dressing, toileting, lifts/transfers, mobility assistance, and assisting members at mealtime.
- Operate mobility devices (e.g. transfer board) to aid in the lift/transfer of members according to the established guidelines for the safe and proper usage of such equipment.
- Complete household tasks which include but are not limited to laundry, making the bed, vacuuming, wiping kitchen surfaces, dusting the furniture and other duties as directed.
- Prepare nutritious meals for members that accommodate specific dietary needs.
- Accompany the member to medical appointments, shopping trips, and for walks as required.
- Advise management immediately if unable to keep an assignment or late for a scheduled member visit.
- Assist member to perform ADL tasks in order to maintain and enhance the member’s functional abilities.
- Back up other Support Workers by assisting with other assignments as requested.
- Collaborate with all members of the member care team.
- Create a safe and calm environment while carrying out duties in the member’s home.
- Complete documentation and reports in a professional format in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- DSW, CSW, SSW, or PSW certificate from an Ontario Community College program, or a Private Career College in Ontario that is registered with and approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities with successful completion of the Final Examination administered by the National Association of Career Colleges (NACC)
- Experience working in the community is an asset.
- Experience supporting adults/children with developmental disabilities is an asset.
- Valid Standard CPR & First Aid
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Police Screening. (less than 6 months old)
- Current annual medical check including immunization.
- Crisis Prevention Intervention training
- Pharmacology training
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to the support worker role.
- Ability to commute/relocate to the Niagara Region: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Vulnerable Police Check ( less than 6 months old) (required)
- First Aid Certification (required)
- Driver’s License
Freedom Support Services Inc. offers you:
- Flexible schedule
- 4% vacation pay
- Free workshops and webinars for professional development
- 24-hour support with scheduling queries
- Paid orientations
- Great experiences and the possibility to change for better someone’s life.
Getting your foot in the door can be difficult but we can help!
Submit your resume and register with our agency today!
Freedom Support Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Freedom Support Services Inc. will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.
How to ApplyOnline applications can be completed here: https://form.jotform.com/FSSlog/SCWJOBS. Alternatively, applicants can send their resume to email@example.com.
483 total views, 1 today