Full-Time Poultry Processing Plant (Based in Port Colborne)
The Production Labourer will be responsible for working in several positions on the line. Duties may include helping to set up the production line, keeping the product moving on the line and/or the set up and safe / efficient operation. The Production Labourer will help the team prepare equipment shut down for sanitation.
Terms of Employment:Full Time and Part Time positions available (Students Welcome)
Shifts: Monday to Friday Days
Wages: Starting at $16.73/hour
Carpool is Available from St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, and Welland!
- Assist in setting up the production lines of the plant
- Use tools to move product into place on the line as directed by supervisor.
- Assist in ensuring that the product is flowing efficiently and to specs on the line and reporting any issues to the supervisor or lead hand.
- Verify all operating conditions as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedure.
- Duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Follows all Quality, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) including Good Hygiene, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements to ensure the manufacture of Ready to Eat (RTE) chicken products, British Retail Consortium (BRC).
- Completes all specific job duties as outlined and in the Operator Proficiency Checklist
- Use tools to move frozen product into place on the line as directed by supervisor.
- Putting ingredients into container as required
- Ability to read and understand oral and written directions.
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations (additions, subtractions, divisions, and calculation of percentages).
- Demonstrates knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BRC and proper employee hygiene practices to meet factory requirements.
- Working with minimal supervision.
- Working in cool/damp and warm environment depending on position.
- Strong attendance to meet work requirements.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- Strong attention to detail and demonstration of hand-eye coordination
- Basic English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Physically demanding, fast-paced and repetitive
- Handling heavy loads
- Standing for long periods
- Cut/Packaging department is refrigerated
- Noisy and odors
- chicken processing and packing establishment
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 40 lbs.), stand for long periods of time and repetitive movements.
COVID-19 considerations: COVID screening upon entry
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Employer:On Demand Staffing To Register Visit Our Website: www.ondemandstaffing.ca You can reach us toll-free at: 1-800-832-1274 OnDemand Staffing is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, OnDemand Staffing will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
445 total views, 1 today