Full-Time Production / Receiving
The Production Labourer will be responsible for working in several positions on the line. This may be on the production or RKE side of the plant. Duties may include helping to set up the production line, keeping the product moving on the line and/or the set up and safe / efficient operation. The production labourer will help the team prepare equipment shut down for sanitation.
Days / Potential Afternoons. Occasional weekend work may be required.
Benefits Program in place which comes into effect after an initial probation period, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Employee Purchase Program.
- $19.68 to $20.18 progressive rate increase / based on Job classification
Duties may include any of the following:
- Assist in setting up the production lines of the plant
- Use tools to move product into place on the line as directed by supervisor.
- Assist in ensuring that the product is flowing efficiently and to specs on the line and reporting any issues to the supervisor or lead hand.
- Verify all operating conditions as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedure.
- Duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Follows all Quality, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) including Good Hygiene, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements to ensure the manufacture chicken products, British Retail Consortium (BRC).
- Completes all specific job duties as outlined and in the Operator Proficiency Checklist
- Use tools to move frozen product into place on the line as directed by supervisor.
- Putting ingredients into container as required
- Ability to read and understand oral and written directions.
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations (additions, subtractions, divisions, and calculation of percentages).
- Demonstrates knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BRC and proper employee hygiene practices to meet factory requirements.
- Working with minimal supervision.
- Strong attendance to meet work requirements.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- Strong attention to detail and demonstration of hand-eye coordination
- Basic English communication skills (verbal and written)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Physically demanding, fast-paced and repetitive
- Handling heavy loads
- Standing for long periods
- Cut/Packaging department is refrigerated
- Noisy and odorous
- chicken processing and packing establishment
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 40 lbs.), stand for long periods of time and repetitive movements.
- Working in cool/damp and warm environment depending on position.
COVID screening upon entry
How to ApplySend your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
165 total views, 3 today