Full-Time RECE/ECE Child Care Centre Staff
We are looking for a dedicated individual who would like to work within a supportive environment.
Strive Niagara is a licensed child care provider, providing quality care in Niagara for over 20 years. We provide child care for infants, toddlers and preschool children in Welland, Thorold, St. Catharines, and Grimsby.
The function of this position is to plan and implement activities that promote healthy, emotional, social, cognitive and physical development of each child while supporting the families. Please join us to work as a team member, supporting the Centre holistically.
- Role model, positive behaviour guidance
- Support parent as an individual
- Recognize and refer the parent when additional supports are needed (i.e. Family Support Promoter, outside agencies)
- Support parents to advocate for their child
- Share with the parent their child’s day
- Encourage the parent to communicate their child’s needs
- Encourage the parent to participate within the playroom and other programs operating in the Centre
- Share resources with parents regarding positive parenting and developmental stages
- Plan, implement and supervise age-appropriate developmental programs for all children in the group addressing the emotional, social, physical, and cognitive needs using a variety of materials of art, music, literature, science, and mathematics
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment
- Work closely with the Resource Consultants for the inclusion of all children
- Report any concerns to the supervisor regarding the child’s health
- Use meal times with children as a time to promote good nutrition, social skills, and communication
- Play directly with the child at their level
- Support the child in empowering them to make their own choices, except where safety is a factor
- Guide children safely through fire drills
- Notify the Supervisor of illness as soon as possible.
- Work with Centre in a ‘team approach’ model, with all groups, Family Support Promoter, Resource Consultant, Supervisor, and Cook
- Attend and prepare for staff meetings, CWAMS, chair and take minutes on a rotating basis
- Report any concerns with children, parents, or room/Centre management to the Supervisor
- Attend ‘In Services’ training
- Keep up to date on developments in the field of Early Childhood Education
- Follow personnel policies of Strive Niagara
- Check equipment and environments on a regular basis to ensure safety and stability
- Supervise and monitor college/high school students to assist in their evaluation
- Keep the work area and Centre in a neat, clean, and professional manner
- Present yourself in a professional manner
- Complete accident reports for all children’s accidents and report to Supervisor and parent
- May be required to open/close the facility
- Complete goals and an evaluation in conjunction with the Supervisor
- Notify Supervisor when supplies need replenishing
- May be required to answer the telephone and take messages at Centre
- Adhere to all Ministry of Education How Does Learning Happen and Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years.
- Adhere to all Family and Children Services reporting child abuse regulation
- Work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to attendance standards and work deadlines.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Current Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and up-to-date immunizations required
- QCCN training
- Works as a team to establish and maintain a safe warm and caring environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to plan and implement programs that are stimulating and developmentally appropriate for toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and school age children
- Ability to follow the Ministry of Education’s pedagogical approach to “How does learning Happen”
- New graduates are encouraged to apply!
Shift lengths range from 6 – 7.5 hours in length.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying, please send your resume to email@example.com
370 total views, 9 today