Contract Recruitment Student
At Start Me Up Niagara, we offer services and programs to support people facing significant challenges such as poverty, homelessness, unemployment, disabilities, addictions and mental health issues. Our goal is to provide opportunities for these individuals to help them increase their level of self-sufficiency and improve their quality of life. Our services range from daily drop in, community lunches, health care, income maximization, arts, garden, housing supports and employment development.
Together, we are working to build a community where all are included.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
As a Recruitment and Onboarding Assistant, you will help SMUN to meet its program objectives. This position has a variety of responsibilities.
The job description outlined below is intended to be a guideline for the many tasks that this position entails and may be reasonably modified as program needs change.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who is just as comfortable working autonomously as with a team. This candidate should have a high level of discretion and confidentiality and offer new ideas and initiatives.
- Develop strategies and approaches that support individual participants and groups to build their capacity for employment and self-employment
- Work from an anti-oppressive, strengths-based practice, recognizing the capacity for resilience and growth of individuals and communities when responding to the diverse needs of marginalized or vulnerable populations to act as allies and advocates
- Providing a holistic approach when working one-on-one with participants and within a group to achieve their respective employment goals
- Updating internal tracking and data sheets for Case Managers and Management
- Maintaining proper case follow-up throughout the employment journey, including; updating Case Managers of contacts, entry of case notes in the data management system and the use of two different reporting systems
- Answer incoming calls, emails and walk-in’s related to Start Me Up Niagara, Work Action Centre and Community Resources
- Screening and matching participants to job opportunities and resources
- Running and participating in workshops
- Identify which workshops are needed for participants
- Creating presentation, worksheets and resource sheets as needed
- Researching local opportunities in the community as part of life stabilization (housing, food security, etc.) and employment (upcoming job fairs, available positions, etc.)
- Working as part of a team to complete common objectives while also being able to work independently to accomplish tasks outlined
- Comply to FedCap and Employment Ontario guidelines and policies
QUALIFICATION AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Education in or volunteering in a front-line capacity in a community setting
- Education in working with persons facing barriers especially as related to mental health, substance use, and trauma
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and decision making under pressure
- Ability to work as a team and on your own with little supervision
- Satisfactory clearance under the Vulnerable Sector Police Check Program
- Must be qualified to legally work in Canada
- Must be between the ages of 15-30
- Must be willing to comply with Covid-19 protocols which includes wearing masks and undergoing regular COVID-19 RAT testing
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract 8 Weeks
Schedule: Monday to Friday (8:30am- 4:00pm)
Work remotely: No
Start Date: TBD
How to ApplyPlease send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest in advance.
Due to volume we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
148 total views, 3 today