Seasonal Retail & Concession
Position Overview: Reporting directly to the Digital Media Manager, the Retail & Concession Sales Agents will play a critical role as part of our River Shop team. This position requires constant interaction with guests to recommend, locate and sell items based on customer needs and desires. Agents will operate a POS system for the sale of beverages, concession snack items, media packages and other retail items.
Order up! Our Retail & Concession Sales Agents are the perfect mix between barista and sales person (is that even a thing? Here, it is!) With rotating shifts between our River Shop Café and Retail Desk, they’ll be brewing coffees one day and helping guests pick out souvenir sweaters the next day. If you love interacting with people and thrive in a position with variety, this may be the perfect job for you. For this position you must have a natural talent for customer service and are skilled at selling lots of magnets. The ability to brew the perfect cappuccino is considered an asset.
- Greet and welcome all customers, assessing their needs and providing assistance and information on products and merchandise.
- Brew a variety of hot beverages using a semi-automated brewer
- Process transactions for a variety of beverage, packaged concession snack items, digital media products and retail merchandise
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Manage stock and merchandise presentation throughout the River Shop.
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options.
- Working closely with the Media team to display and promote media sales.
- Ensure proper food/beverage handling procedures are followed.
- Maintain cleanliness of the River Shop and applicable areas.
- Cash handling and balancing.
Health and safety responsibilities:
- Understand and follow all company health and safety policies and procedures
- Understanding of all MARSEC (Marine Security and Awareness) levels on how it relates to WJBT operations. In house training is provided
Most of our positions are seasonal, beginning in late April-May and finishing around Halloween. But our staff love it so much, they come back every summer!
To see what your summer could be like, check out our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgNPciMsrw
Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours has been giving passengers a taste of adventure on the white water of the Niagara River since 1992. Passengers experience a thrilling and educational one-hour guided tour, where they can take in the awe-inspiring scenery of the Niagara Gorge, feel the rush of the Class 5 Devil’s Hole rapids and marvel at the power of the Niagara Whirlpool. The tour company’s fleet of custom-built jet boats depart from locations on the Canadian and American sides of the Niagara River, including Queenston, ON and Lewiston, NY.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
199 total views, 12 today