Full-Time Shipper Receiver
Main Purpose of the Job:
Performs duties related to receiving and shipping merchandise, and duties related to a delivery person.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs duties related to receiving and shipping merchandise. Verifies merchandise and organizes its distribution. Prepares related documents. Maintains storage area. Performs other general responsibilities.
Education and Experience: High School
Forklift Experience Required
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to Shipping and Receiving Procedures Form
- Receives merchandise. Checks and signs delivery slips. Assists with unloading as necessary.
- Unpacks merchandise. Verifies the quality and quantity of items against supporting documents. Accepts or returns merchandise according to established procedures. Calculates shipping prices according to guidelines. Affixes Shipping tags as necessary.
- Completes different forms and prepares documents. Maintains files
- Organizes distribution and shipping of merchandise. Makes necessary verifications against documents, prepares the merchandise and moves to the appropriate area. Handles customer pick-ups.
- Contact resource people for various information. Contacts transport companies and suppliers in order to expedite, trace or return merchandise that does not conform to specifications or purchase orders.
- Participates in taking inventory. Maintains storage area, organizes and places stock on shelves. Ensures area is secure at all times.
- Wear Steel Toe Safety shoes.
- Pick orders according to packing slips.
- Load courier van/truck.
- Operate forklift in a safe manner following all safety protocols
- Lifting 50+ lbs. on a regular basis.
- Clean and organize on a regular basis:
- Bathroom in 2nd bay (shipping receiving and delivery driver bathroom)
- Unload/Load transports with forklift.
- Use computer to receive inventory.
- Contacting suppliers via phone and email.
- Clear snow from front door area and directly in front of side man door and receiving door.
- Maintain high level of organization and cleanliness in warehouse.
- Take out garbage weekly.
- Ability to stay past 4:30 pm to load truck, if necessary.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Due to working outside as well as inside, you will be exposed to rain, snow, and extreme heat or cold.
How to ApplyPlease submit your application by email to email@example.com
1311 total views, 2 today