Niagara Peninsula Homes Inc. is pleased to announce the launch of its new REACH Innovation Construction Skills Program for youth.
REACH will provide a diverse experience, including high-quality training, work experience, employment/personal supports, community outreach and development.
We will continue to work closely with all our community and program partners demonstrating a broad range of outcomes.
The program will focus on the skilled trades, but the “assets” gained through the program are broadly transferable and support personal life skills, well being and career exploration.
First Intake Starts: July 27, 2020
Program Location: 41 Victoria St, Welland ON
- Industry Recognized Certifications in Health & Safety.
- Certificates of Completion in Construction Theory & Applied Trade Skills.
- Wksps in Financial Literacy, Personal Health & Wellbeing, Job Smarts, Teamwork, Communication, Customer Service, Job Search & Applications +++.
- Connect with School Boards for Adult Ed. Programs + credits towards OSSD.
- Connect with industry professionals, local trades & employers.
Applications – Can Be Made in the Following 3 Ways:
Through David Young, Construction Programs Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Through your local Employment Ontario office.
Through the NPH Web Site & Online Application Portal www.nphcr.ca (web site launch pending)
REACH: Renovation, Education, Accessibility for Communities through Housing Innovation. Creating Momentum for Change; one person, one building and one community at a time.
• entry-level, no previous experience required
• open to youth (16 to 30 yrs)
• legally allowed to work in Canada
• out of full-time work
• out of full-time school
• facing some barriers to employment
Program Experience: There are 8 seats available per intake. The participants are paid current minimum wage for the entire program. Each intake is Mon to Fri @ 7 hrs per day for 24 weeks (there will be 6 intakes over the next 3 yrs). The programs are @ 20% classroom/workshop and @ 80% hands-on learning. Some additional financial supports are available for tools, PPE, transport, etc.
Program is Funded By:
The Government of Canada
Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS)