Contract Child Care Supervisor – Before and After School – Maternity Leave
Child Care Supervisor – Before and After School – Maternity Leave
Location: Harriet Tubman Public School – St. Catharines
Wage: $19.59 – $20.59/hr with Health/Dental Benefits and YMCA Membership benefits
Job Conditions: Contract Full-Time: 25-30 hrs/ week split shift
Start Date: late October 2022 / End Date: October 2023
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA of Niagara aspires to be a great workplace, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values – caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, and responsibility – the YMCA provides our employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through growth opportunities and great benefits, and the knowledge that their day-to-day actions have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the people of Niagara.
NATURE & SCOPE
The role of the Supervisor is to oversee all aspects of the Child Care Centre including programming, administrative functions and the staff team.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and direction to develop positive team interaction between staff, parents, and children
- Assume liaison between school, parents, children and staff
- Submit monthly program statistics and oversee other financial and administrative duties
- Ensure that the centre meets or surpasses all Ministry of Education licensing standards
- Represent the YMCA in a positive and professional manner
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- Provide leadership to the Strong Kids Campaign
- Registered Early Childhood Educator or Director Approval (subject to the approval process of the Ministry of Education)
- Minimum of 2 years licensed child care experience would be an asset
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR-C certification
- A clear and satisfactory criminal reference check inclusive of the vulnerable sector search (CRC VSS) issued for the YMCA of Niagara
- Successful applicants will be required to adhere to the YMCA of Niagara COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Child and Youth Focused
Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth
Coaching and Development
Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and development
Ensures that YMCA programs and services are superior
Relationship Building and Collaboration
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
How to ApplyInterested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by 6pm on October 7, 2022 to email@example.com. Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email. Internal applicates are encouraged to notify their supervisor before applying. All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted by email. Please note that interviews may take place virtually due to COVID-19. In-person interviews will adhere to physical distancing guidelines. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org
87 total views, 12 today