Full-Time Manager of Marketing and Communications
Manager of Marketing and Communications
Location: Hybrid position – Administration Office – St. Catharines
Pay: Starting Salary $62,000 – $72,000 with Full YMCA Health and Dental Benefits and YMCA Membership Benefits
Employment Type: Full-time 40 hours/week – evenings and weekends may be required
Placement Date: May 1, 2023
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA of Niagara aspires to be a great workplace, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values – caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, and responsibility – the YMCA provides our employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize our staff’s contributions through growth opportunities and great benefits, and the knowledge that their daily actions positively impact the health and well-being of the people of Niagara.
NATURE & SCOPE
The purpose of this position is to fulfill the mission of the YMCA and to ensure that the work is in service to meeting community needs and delivering impact for the people we serve. Reporting to the CEO, this innovative and quality-focused leader will develop and operationalize the YMCA of Niagara’s marketing and communications plan.
- Manages the development and execution of an innovative marketing media strategy to continue to position the YMCA as a community leader, and a leading charity.
- Deploys and maintains YMCA digital tools including YMCA website, mobile applications, SEO, Google Grants, Google paid ads and maximizing digital opportunities through Association-wide CRM.
- Develops and implements the annual marketing and communications plan and message calendar for the Association
- Develops and manages the annual MarCom Budget, manages expenses and variances.
- Identifies local advertising and promotional opportunities, negotiating purchase contracts, creating, and deploying advertising and promotional assets- develops positive relationships with local media.
- Manages Crisis Communications, Privacy and AODA web compliance for marketing and communications channels.
- Manages Two -way communication channels and messages for various audiences (participants, members, YMCA staff and volunteers, stakeholders).
- Ensures consistency of brand, voice, and messaging across the Association, including acting as Association Brand Lead for Shine On implementation.
- Supervises the department staff and sub- contractors/ contracts to ensure deadlines and deliverables are on brand, on time and on budget.
- Identify and implement communications measurement systems and monitors and reports on the ROI for various campaigns and strategies in a spirit of continuous improvement.
- Supports the design and delivery of the Association Annual Report, Impact Reports, Charitable Cases, and Association special events.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, marketing, design, or another related field
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience managing a marketing team or department and supervising staff
- Ability to work confidently and efficiently in one or more of Adobe InDesign, Java CSS, Canva, Word Press, HTML, Mail Chimp, Photoshop and Illustrator and other tools as required
- Ability to approach a marketing or communications challenge strategically, ensuring each implementation meets the needs of the project but also the wider Association’s developed strategy
- Extensive experience in design, writing, storytelling, and editing
- Self-motivated, shows initiative and able to work well and provide positive leadership in a busy team environment
- Demonstrated competence and creativity in managing the delivery of print, digital and other marketing executions of various types and complexities
- Driven and passionate about creativity
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the Mission, Vision, Strategic outcomes, and values of the YMCA
Communicated in a thorough, clear, and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA
Relationship Building and Collaboration
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
Planning and Organizing
Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short- and long-term goals
Guides, motivates, and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes
Has the ability to lead, manage and achieve identified goals
Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring a richness to the YMCA
How to ApplyInterested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by noon on April 1, 2023 to email@example.com. Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email. Internal applicants are encouraged to notify their supervisor before applying. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contracted. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org
197 total views, 13 today