Full-Time Sous Chef
We are looking to hire a Sous Chef.
Maintain food handling and sanitation standards.
- Perform all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area employees in high demand times.
- Assist the Chef in overseeing production and preparation of culinary items.
- Leads shift while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Ensures consistency in the preparation of all food items according to hotel recipes and standards.
- Order food and kitchen supplies based on best price and budget.
- Check orders received for quantity and quality of product.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring and training kitchen staff.
- Work with departments to coordinate service and timing of events and meals.
- Adhere to Labor and Food cost set by the Chef.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure standards are met.
- Attends and participates in required meetings (pre-shift, post-shift, BEO, departmental, etc.) and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Support and assist with new menus, concepts and promotions.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service
- Ensure a safe work environment for yourself and your co-workers by upholding safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all equipment in the kitchen is clean and in good working condition before use.
- Seek opportunities to increase revenues, minimize expenses and increase employee productivity without sacrificing guest services.
- Ensure all kitchens are closed clean and secure.
- Ensure all transfers are entered and recorded.
- Maintain staff time sheets and hours.
- All other duties as assigned by the Chef and/or their designate.
- Completion of College/University program in related field (preferred)
- Must have Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Must have Smart Serve
- Must have 5+ years of cooking experience
- Must have a keen sense of taste and smell
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Good arithmetic skills
- Good memory for details
- Must be artistic and possess creative talent
- Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and team-building skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Must have the ability to remain calm in hectic circumstances
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Must be self-motivated and have good time management skill
The Americana Conference Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will make reasonable accommodations for the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process
How to ApplyPlease email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
151 total views, 2 today