To be discussed 310T Mechanic
As a Diesel Mechanic, one would be responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on a fleet of tractor trailers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as: power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing and painting
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repair
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance;
- Contains cost by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- 1+ years of diesel mechanic experience preferred.
- Vocational or Technical Degree in Vehicle Maintenance is preferred.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) is a plus.
Wage: $30 to $40/hour, based on experience
- Must wear closed toe and heel shoes when in the warehouse area.
- This position will require the ability to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
NOTE: The physical requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to ApplyTo apply please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1296 total views, 1 today