Full-Time Automation Technician
Name of Job: Automation Technician
Shift Rotation: Midnights, Afternoons, Days
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Overtime: Weekly potential for overtime after 40 hours
Starting Wage: $32 + shift premiums on Afternoons and Midnights
Benefits: 100% Employer-funded; eligible after three months’ continuous employment RRSP Employer match
The Automation Technician is responsible to troubleshoot and repair equipment/machinery efficiently, safely, and in accordance with the plant standards. They will support the operation of production through maintaining and having the ability to optimize robot and automation processes. They must remain composed under pressure and may work casual overtime or flex hours as required to meet deadlines. They must be able to work independently, organize/prioritize and work with a sense of urgency and tact/discretion.
EDUCATIONAL AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Proof of completion of an Electrical/Electro-Mechanical/Electronic Technician or Technologist diploma program from a recognized college.
• Three or more years of experience working with industrial automation systems (Robotics, PLC’s, CNC’s systems), preferably in the automotive industry.
• Able to work extended or flexible hours/shifts as required.
• Has good interpersonal and communication skills and is results oriented.
• Monitor and encourage the use of C-TPAT security measures by all team members.
• Practice our ‘Safety First’ policy by addressing hazards, defective equipment, wearing personal protective equipment as required, and by reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
• Follow and abide by all government legislation and guidelines.
• Maintain safety standards of equipment and work area and perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with the safety policies.
• Commitment to the Magna Employee Charter.
• Report any issues/problems to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Co-ordinate activities of apprentices, helpers and assigned contractors.
• Document results of work performed and corrective actions as required.
• Establishes and follows-up full project implementation including timing, concept, feasibility, design, specifications, construction, and commissioning.
• Analyzes, records, and charts documentation required for maintenance records and projects.
• Filling out Daily shift reports.
• Plant support in troubleshooting/repairs and systems improvements (optimization).
• Assist team to meet Key Performance Indicators and Continuous Improvement objectives.
• Services, maintains, repairs, installs and tests new or existing equipment and verifies conformance to specifications.
• Complete repairs, modifications and installations as required.
• Troubleshooting of process problems and complete quality improvements as required to maintain part standards of quality.
• Evaluate the efficiency and reliability of industrial robotic systems, reprogramming or calibrating to achieve maximum quantity and quality.
• Develop robotic path motions to maximize efficiency, safety, and quality.
• Disassemble and reassemble robots or peripheral equipment to make repairs such as replacement of defective circuit boards, sensors, controllers, encoders, and servomotors.
• Carries out preventative maintenance procedures as laid out by the manufacturer’s specifications.
• Exposed regularly to elements such as temperature, noise, vibration, and lubricant/oils.
How to ApplyPlease submit your application to Nola.Polgar@magna.com Venest Industries has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.
431 total views, 1 today