Part-Time Community Programs Team Leader
Community Programs Team Leader
|Location||Niagara Region – St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, Port Colborne, Welland and Niagara West.
|Pay||$17.15/hour plus YMCA Membership Benefits.
|Employment Type||Part-Time – up to 16 hours per week. Hours will include after school, evenings and some weekends
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA of Niagara aspires to be a great workplace, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values – caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, and responsibility – the YMCA provides our employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through growth opportunities and great benefits, and the knowledge that their day-to-day actions have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the people of Niagara.
NATURE & SCOPE:
A member of the leadership team, the Community Programs Team Leader supports the Director and Coordinator to ensure the delivery of high quality recreation programs for youth across the Niagara Region. The Community Team Leader supports the front line staff as well as develop and deliver sport-based programs during the summer months.
- The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Director and Coordinator of Community Programs with the planning, organizing and overseeing program staff at drop-in programs after school and in the evening across the Niagara Region, ensuring a high quality of program is established and maintained.
- Build relationships with children and youth and be a positive role model, and ensure the safety and security of participants.
- Assists with the planning and delivery of personal wellness programs for children and youth after school at local elementary schools in the Niagara Region, focusing on literacy and numeracy.
- Assists with orientations, training, supervision and general performance management of staff including the planning and organizing of staff and program schedules.
- Works with the Director and Coordinator of Community Programs to build and maintain relationships with community partners, parents and staff.
- Will be required to visit, support and work school programs on a regular basis.
- Responsible for planning and implementing activities for a Youth Action Saturday Night Drop In program for youth ages 10 to 14 in a YMCA branch and overseeing/organizing other program staff as well as plan special events and activities as required.
- Team Leader will assist with administrative responsibilities related to all programs within the department.
- Confidently answer questions from the community, parents, and the Membership Branches regarding Community Programs.
- Completion of a university degree in Education or working toward completion, or post- secondary education in Child and Youth Studies, Recreation and Leisure or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience delivering youth recreational and leadership programs and/ or Day Camps.
- Minimum 1 year experience supervising and coaching staff.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR-C
- Proven strong programming, communication, administration and organization skills.
- Due to the age of participants served, candidates must be 18 years or older.
- Reliable transportation
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check issued for the YMCA of Niagara.
Guides, motivates, and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes
Child and Youth Focused
Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA
Concern for Health and Safety
Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction
Actively builds teams and encouraged open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
Creativity and Innovations
Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired result
Relationship Building and Collaboration
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
Identifies an issue and works towards a solution
How to ApplyAPPLICATION PROCESS Interested applicants are invited to apply at http://ymcaniagara.campbrainstaff.com. Deadline for submission is 10:00am on Monday February 6, 2023 Internal applicates are encouraged to notify their supervisor before applying. All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org
461 total views, 1 today