We are looking to hire a Lifeguard.
**COMPETITIVE WAGES | PAID CERTIFICATION TRAINING | FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING | EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS**
- Educate the public towards safe and enjoyable aquatics by informing patrons of and enforcing pool rules and health regulations.
- Be knowledgeable of facility scheduling, programming and services.
- Follow up on any patron inquiries regarding the facility and services.
- Know potential pool hazards, watch for weak swimmers, etc.
- Be alert and vigilant, ensuring that your designated area receives the best supervision possible. Keep conversations to a minimum, keeping eyes on the pool even when conversing. Never leave assigned area without relief, except in case of emergency.
- Rescues swimmers requiring assistance or in danger of drowning.
- Provide emergency care and treatment to guests as required until emergency medical services arrives when necessary.
- Keep deck clear of obstructions.
- Deny access to individuals with open sores, rashes, evident communicable disease, or who exhibit unsafe behaviour.
- Check all lifesaving equipment each day before opening the facility and immediately report any malfunctions to manager or supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Manager.
- Some High School
- Current National Lifesaving Society Certification
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C Certification
- Previous experience is an asset
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Ability to follow verbal and written direction
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work flexible shifts
The Americana Conference Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will make reasonable accommodations for the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated
How to ApplyPlease email your resume to: email@example.com
174 total views, 2 today