Full-Time Manager of Philanthropy
Manager of Philanthropy
|Location||Hybrid position – Administration Office – St. Catharines|
|Pay||Starting Salary $62,000 – $72,000 with Full YMCA Health and Dental Benefits and YMCA Membership Benefits|
|Employment Type||Full-time 40 hours/week – evenings and weekends may be required|
|Placement Date||February 2023|
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA of Niagara aspires to be a great workplace, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values – caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, and responsibility – the YMCA provides our employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through growth opportunities and great benefits, and the knowledge that their day-to-day actions have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the people of Niagara.
NATURE & SCOPE
The Manager of Philanthropy is responsible for the planning and execution of all aspects of development including annual, capital, endowment, and major gift campaigns. As a relationship centric leader, you will ensure that the YMCA’s Philanthropic strategy is realised through a variety of campaigns, grant writing and fundraising initiatives.
- Plan for and secure, individual, family foundation and corporate giving at all levels with emphasis on major gifts.
- Provide Association wide leadership to all Philanthropic/Grant development activities.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors, with focus on individuals, family foundations and corporations.
- Lead face-to-face solicitation calls, championing donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Optimize the YMCA’s online giving, other direct philanthropy campaigns and special fundraising events.
- Accountable for establishing annual fundraising goals and other key metrics in consultation with the CEO.
- In consultation with the CEO; as lead of the Development Department, develop a 3-year plan to increase giving for the Association in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
- Work with other members of the Development team and Marketing team to implement donor recognition and stewardship programs.
- Provide leadership in the development, planning, and optimization of special events related to the Stronger Together Annual Support Campaign.
- Work collaboratively with internal departments to support the achievement of Philanthropic goals.
- Identify, write, and secure grants – funding opportunities for community-based programs and initiatives.
- Develop and implement new philanthropic initiatives related to endowment/planned giving (Heritage Club).
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team to strengthen the overall positioning, case for support, and to develop campaign related communication materials.
- Ensures all financial reporting for the Philanthropy Department complies with YMCA policies and procedures, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and legal requirements and is aligned with industry best practices with the support of the Finance Department.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current and emerging charitable sector trends and legislation.
- Participate in internal leadership and board of director meetings as required.
- Supervises and supports the full time Development Coordinator and when applicable, supervises the Interns/Co-Op Students working within the Development portfolio.
- Works in collaboration with the Board of Directors’ Philanthropy Committee to effectively identify, cultivate and steward donors.
- Engage with key members and volunteers within the YMCA community and will effectively interact with staff, the Board of Directors (including Philanthropy committee), donors, YMCA Canada, and a variety of community partners.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and ensures all gift related policies and procedures are adhered to, ensuring ethical compliance, as defined by the Association for Fundraising Professionals.
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting the recruitment and training of campaign volunteers.
- Work with the Philanthropy Development Coordinator to ensure that all fiscal and donor information is accurately recorded, kept confidential and maintained in Association’s software and other systems.
- Develop and produce financial development management reports, budgets, and compile statistical information for various stakeholders as required (CEO, Board of Directors, Philanthropy committee, fundraising volunteers, department fundraising leads, YMCA Canada).
- Support the VP of Philanthropy and the Chair of the Philanthropy committee of the Board of Directors in the preparation and delivery of presentations related to Fund Development activities.
- Post-secondary degree or certification preferably in fundraising or related field
- Minimum 3 years of fund development experience and delivery of community and special events fundraising
- Experience in the design and execution of annual fundraising campaigns
- Experience in a leadership role including working with Board of Directors
- Knowledge of legislative requirements with respect to charitable gifts and receipting
- Excellent grant writing skills and strong research skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- A clear and satisfactory criminal reference check inclusive of the vulnerable sector search (CRC VSS) issued for the YMCA of Niagara
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the Mission, Vision, Strategic outcomes, and values of the YMCA
Communicated in a thorough, clear, and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA
Relationship Building and Collaboration
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
Planning and Organizing
Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short- and long-term goals
Guides, motivates, and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes
Has the ability to lead, manage and achieve identified goals
Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring a richness to the YMCA
How to ApplyAPPLICATION PROCESS Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by noon on February 14, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email. Internal applicants are encouraged to notify their supervisor before applying. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contracted. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org
552 total views, 2 today