Full-Time Pastry Chef
Commisso’s Fresh Foods offers a wide variety of products that range from our in-house kitchen and bakery, fresh meat and produce to imports from all over Europe. When choosing the right products to carry, we focus on fresh, organic and specialty products that cannot be found within Niagara Region. If you are passionate about food and are driven to provide excellent customer service to our customers; we want to meet you!
Our customers depend on our Bakery Department to provide excellent products and accurate knowledge when it comes to purchasing bakery items for their families. In the role of a Bakery / Pastry Chef, you will play an integral role in ensuring customers are able to shop our bakery department for the products they want.
Commisso’s Fresh Foods has an immediate opening for a full-time Pastry Chef.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the Pastry department including decorating and counter management;
- Develop and oversee the execution of a high volume of daily sales;
- Manage pastry costing, maintain or raise the profit margins;
- Maintain inventory system and ensure all stock is ordered;
- Ensure cases are well-merchandised and properly signed to showcase quality;
- Prepare, package, sort, and price/label baked goods for customers;
- Oversee scheduling of your team;
- Motivate and empower your team by hiring, training and developing a dynamic team;
- Coordinate catering events and expand the catering department offerings;
- Educate customers and team members on new specialty products;
- Conduct ongoing research of trends in the food industry;
- Ensure that pastry offerings meet quality standards and satisfy all public health and food safety requirements;
- Demonstrate superior standards of customer service and customer interaction, including food demonstrations;
- Meet or exceed Company guidelines regarding hygiene, presentation and customer service at bakery cases and workstations;
- Take ownership of duties and responsibilities performed throughout the department; and
- Comply with all Commisso’s policies and procedures and maintain customer confidentiality.
What you will need to succeed:
- Previous experience in a bakery department;
- Team player with a positive and energetic attitude;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Must be able to lift thirty (30) pounds;
- Must be able to stand at workstations for extend periods of time;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to be organized and to set priorities while meeting deadlines and managing interruptions;
- Ability to remain professional is all circumstances; and
- Available to workdays, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
If you would like to become part of the Commisso’s team and advance in your career, this job is for you!
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Commisso’s Fresh Foods is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Commisso’s Fresh Foods believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
How to ApplyPlease follow this link to apply: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/72073 or apply in store!
526 total views, 2 today