Full-Time Project Estimator
Wiens Underground Electric Ltd. is looking for an organized, detailed, and analytic multi-tasker with a business-oriented attitude and a desire for growth, to join our dynamic team and take on the role of Project Estimator!
Reporting to the President, the Project Estimator is responsible for developing accurate and profitable project estimates and preparing competitive bids for contract work. The incumbent must analytically review plan drawings and tender specifications, perform take-offs, assess material costs, determine labour needs, and calculate potential job profitability for multiple projects. The Project Estimator is also tasked with actively seeking out project tenders and pursuing all opportunities for work with both new and existing customers and clients, ensuring exceptional service, and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in the Project Estimator role, the incumbent must be detail-oriented, organized and resilient, demonstrating strong analytical, numerical and interpersonal skills with the utmost integrity.
- Visit job sites, attend pre-bid meetings, and participate in pre-tender site tours to assess project scope and associated accountabilities.
- Review and interpret worksite plans, specifications, drawings and blueprints to determine the resource needs of tendered projects, ensuring any inconsistencies are flagged.
- Perform project take-offs and economically price project materials by soliciting supplier quotes, negotiating prices, and strategically weighing cost/service options.
- Prepare accurate and detailed cost estimates of all material and labour resources needed for project completion, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Calculate and ensure the profitability of tendered jobs and find opportunities for savings.
- Prepare and submit final project bids that effectively balance costs and profitability with bid competitiveness.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and Field Supervisor to interpret project needs, address and resolve project discrepancies, and ensure project results are delivered on time and on budget.
- Establish working relationship and effectively coordinate with internal and external stakeholders (i.e., suppliers, vendors, contractors, clients, customers, etc.).
- Actively seek out, pursue and secure profitable opportunities for project work.
- Provide an example of professionalism as a responsible and goal-oriented team player, ensuring customer satisfaction, quality of service and assuming accountability for results and outcomes.
- Participate in the invoicing process.
- At least three (3) years’ working experience as an Estimator, or a similar role in the construction industry, required.
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) accreditation, as asset.
- Diploma/degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field, an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
KEY CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES
- Organized, analytical and detail oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of estimation specifications, products, and project logistics.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time, problem-solve and take initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven commitment to providing exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Willingness to give and accept constructive criticism, learn, grow and adapt.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and perform optimally while under pressure.
- Collaborative, cooperative and team oriented.
- Commitment to health and safety practices at all times.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Competitive salary – salary to be determined based on experience
- Job autonomy
- A casual, friendly, and supportive team culture
- Use of a company vehicle
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Membership eligibility for company health benefits
How to ApplyIf you think your experience, skills and career aspirations are aligned with this opportunity – please send your resume to email@example.com by the closing date of February 16th, 2022 with “Project Estimator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a safe, healthy, diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
710 total views, 2 today